up to £32,989 per annum (depending on experience)
Vacancy type: Paid Vacancy
Function: Marketing and Communications
Location: Head Office - Sully
Salary: up to £32,989 per annum (depending on experience)
Weekly hours: 37.5 hours per week, to be worked Monday to Friday
While Ty Hafan is best known for its work at the its coastal children's hospice in Sully, its family focused care and support reaches right into the heart of homes across Wales.
Over the past 23 years, we have supported well over 1000 children and their families. Our work sees a growing demand, and we continue with work with families to explore their needs and tailor our care and support.
To help deliver this vital work, we have a fantastic opportunity for a creative with experience within a communications and content creation role, to join our fantastic Marketing and Communications team.
As the Senior Communications and Content Executive you would be a brand guardian for the Charity, responsible for writing and creating engaging communication and marketing content for the Charity's internal and external stakeholders.
You would be responsible for proofing a range of communications, delivering the email marketing strategy and developing the Charity's intranet. In addition, the ideal candidate would have experience of writing content for different audiences and/or platforms, and proven experience of copywriting within brand guidelines. Exceptional attention to detail, excellent organisational skills, strong communication and copywriting skills are prerequisites, as would be competent use of layout and creative content apps.
The role is based in our beautiful site in Sully with the Charity currently trialling a hybrid working model, working 2 days in the office 3 days from home.
More About Us
Tŷ Hafan is one of the UK’s leading paediatric palliative care charities and offers short-break, care and support to children and young people with life-shortening conditions across Wales. We support them and their families at our hospice in Sully near Cardiff, in the community and in their homes. As a charity we greatly value the input, contribution and commitment of our many volunteers and supporters, without whose support we would not be able to provide the services we do to children and their families. Our families describe us as ‘a lifeline’ as we enable them to create precious memories with their children during their short lives as well as at end of life and beyond.
Our vision is to see a Wales where children who may die in childhood live a fulfilling family life, and our purpose is to offer a high standard of free care to children in Wales who may die in childhood in order to enrich their quality of life, and support their families during life, at end of life and through bereavement.
Our values are caring, collaborative and professional.
The benefits of working for Tŷ Hafan include:
Please note this role is subject to the outcome of a basic DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check, and two satisfactory references.
If this role excites you and our organisation sounds like something you want to be part of then we’d love to hear from you.
Interview date: TBC
Tŷ Hafan is one of the UK’s leading paediatric palliative care charities and offers care to children and support for their families, throughout Wales.
We offer comfort, care and support to life-limited children, young people and their families in the hospice, in the community and in their home so they can make the most of the time they have left together.
We have several departments across the charity ensuring that we are able to maintain and give the care to our children and families.
Vital to providing this free care and support are:
• the nurses and therapists who care for children and young people around the clock to keep them pain free
• members of our specialist team who provide emotional and practical support to ease worries and give families more precious time together
• the advisers who tell families about the financial support they’re entitled to and how they can access other support services
• the volunteers who support Tŷ Hafan’s services and raise awareness of them locally and nationally
• the fundraisers who give their time and energy to raise the money that makes all of our work possible.
• the advocates who work on the behalf of families, making sure their voices and opinions are heard by health and social care services
• the retail managers and volunteers operating charity shops within the communities, generating vital funds
• the office staff supporting the operation and management of the organisation
• the board of trustees leading and developing the Charity to take forward its charitable aims
5 mins walk