£32,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience)
We have a fantastic vacancy opportunity within our Finance Department for a Finance Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for managing a small finance team and providing careful stewardship of our resources through proactive and effective financial systems, reporting and controls. You will also:
As a Finance Manager, you will be an experienced manager with a good working knowledge of current accounting policies and practices. Along with excellent attention to detail, you will be customer service focused with a positive, flexible and solution focused approach.
Please see the job description and person specification for more information on the role.
Tŷ Hafan is one of the UK’s leading paediatric palliative care charities and offers respite, care and support to children and young people with life-limiting conditions across Wales. We support them and their families at our hospice in Sully, in the community and in their homes. As a charity we greatly value the input, contribution and commitment of our many volunteers and supporters, without whose support we would not be able to provide the services we do to children and their families. Our families describe us as ‘a lifeline’ as we enable them to create precious memories with their children during their short lives as well as at end of life and beyond.
Our vision is to see a Wales where children who may die in childhood live a fulfilling family life.
Our mission is to offer a high standard of free care to children in Wales who may die in childhood in order to enrich their quality of life, and support their families during life, at end of life and through bereavement.
Our values are caring, collaborative and professional.
The benefits of working for Tŷ Hafan include:
Whilst initially working from home on a temporary basis due to COVID-19 restrictions, the role will be based at our Sully site, with some flexibility to work from home.
Tŷ Hafan is one of the UK’s leading paediatric palliative care charities and offers care to children and support for their families, throughout Wales.
We offer comfort, care and support to life-limited children, young people and their families in the hospice, in the community and in their home so they can make the most of the time they have left together.
We have several departments across the charity ensuring that we are able to maintain and give the care to our children and families.
Vital to providing this free care and support are:
• the nurses and therapists who care for children and young people around the clock to keep them pain free
• members of our specialist team who provide emotional and practical support to ease worries and give families more precious time together
• the advisers who tell families about the financial support they’re entitled to and how they can access other support services
• the volunteers who support Tŷ Hafan’s services and raise awareness of them locally and nationally
• the fundraisers who give their time and energy to raise the money that makes all of our work possible.
• the advocates who work on the behalf of families, making sure their voices and opinions are heard by health and social care services
• the retail managers and volunteers operating charity shops within the communities, generating vital funds
• the office staff supporting the operation and management of the organisation
• the board of trustees leading and developing the Charity to take forward its charitable aims
5 mins walk