Contract term: Permanent Hours: 37 hours per week Location: Field-based
Salary: £26,300 rising to £27,800 per annum pro rata
If you would like to work for an organisation that holds 3-star accreditation with Best Companies demonstrating extra-ordinary levels of staff engagement, has gained a place on the Times Best 100 Companies to work for in the UK for the last seven consecutive years and that holds Investors in People Platinum accreditation we would love to hear from you!
Who we are:
As Wales’s largest Training Provider, ACT provide a wide range of training programmes and qualifications including Traineeships, Apprenticeships, Higher Apprenticeships and Schools provision across 30 different sectors throughout Wales.
ACT is all about people. With a family feel culture we believe our employees are our greatest asset. We’re all extremely passionate about making a positive difference to people’s lives by providing excellent learning programmes and opportunities.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a passionate and dynamic individual who is qualified or not as we will support you through your assessor's award. The role involves assessing learners at all apprenticeship levels in Management and Essential Skills. You will be responsible for a caseload of learners ensuring timely achievement of Apprenticeship qualifications.
The role is home based with occasional travel where required covering the South Wales area and fits within the Management Apprenticeship Team reporting to the Management Route Manager.
What we offer:
- Generous holiday package (up to 45 days per year)
- Annual salary increases
- Healthcare cash plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Car uplifts (where applicable)
- Wellbeing initiatives including access to in-house counselling
- Employee voice initiatives including a staff council
- Flexible and hybrid working options (where applicable)
- Annual team building events
- Four paid volunteering days per year
- Length of service and birthday rewards
- Staff recognition awards
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Excellent learning & development and CPD opportunities
- Formal coaching and mentoring opportunities
- E-learning platform available to all staff
What you are responsible for:
- Organise and Deliver training, assessments, workshops and centre based activities to enable learners to achieve all learning outcomes on the IALP (including Essential Skills whilst meeting requirements of awarding organisations, Welsh Government, Estyn Common Inspection Framework and ACT. This includes, QCF, VRQ and all relevant Essential Skills.
- To demonstrate and maintain own understanding and competence against the national standards up to and including the highest level of delivery.
- Use the Vision system to manage own caseload effectively to ensure accuracy of all data and all ACT and Welsh Government requirements are being met.
- Assess, support and develop learner’s literacy, numeracy, digital literacy and employability skills; knowledge of sustainable development, global citizenship and British Values, Welsh Language and Culture through delivery of qualifications and enrichment activities.
- Plan and deliver effective learning, teaching and assessment by using a range of methods including digital to effectively enhance the learning process.
- Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning/assessment and empower them to set challenging goals and targets and to evaluate their own progress.
- Deliver, record and continually update the digital learning journey (initial assessments, IALPs, induction and reviews) to ensure a meaningful learner experience in line with ACT and Welsh Government requirements.
- Meet the departmental IQA procedures to ensure good quality of delivery and progress of qualifications that meet awarding organisation requirements.
- Ensure all relevant Welsh Government and ACT administrative paperwork is completed accurately and promptly.
- Maintain and record own CPD and occupational competence by attending sector, awarding body and internal training.
- Contribute towards development of curriculum and strategic plans.
- Use evidence and research to improve practice.
- Communicate regularly and professionally with employers to maintain good relationships and engagement in the learning process. Develop links with employers to promote new business as appropriate. Act as a conduit between employers and
- ACT ensuring that all business leads are referred to the appropriate ACT nominee. Recruit new learners as agreed with Line Manager.
- Engage with employers/mentors to ensure effective progression, whilst meeting the business needs.
- Build positive and collaborative relationships with learners, colleagues, employers and others as appropriate.
- Ensure learners wellbeing by carrying our health and safety monitoring and following safeguarding procedures.
- Demonstrate commitment to learners, their learning, safety and well-being by taking account their current level and making them aware of progression options.
- Communicate effectively with the team and management including checking and responding to e-mails, updating calendars, attending meetings and staff training & standardisation events.
- Take part in, support and carry out actions from quality processes e.g. Teaching & Learning observation, standardisation activities, audits, learner feedback, monthly data days.
- Responsible for adhering to all GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) legislation in respect of all learners, clients and colleagues.
- To adhere to and promote ACT’s environmental and sustainability practices.
- Any other duties as requested by your Coordinator or Manager, which may be necessary from time to time.
Personal and other duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate dignity, courtesy and respect towards others.
- Critically reflect on own values, knowledge and skills to improve learning.
- To actively keep updated with the company’s services and programmes.
- Maintain CPD by attending training events, courses, meetings, workshops and seminars to keep abreast of subject/vocational area to not only develop yourself but also the company.
- To demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills including report writing skills.
- To be highly self-motivated and organised.
- To ensure effective customer care skills.
- A recognition and regard for observing confidentiality.
- The capacity to work as part of a team.
- An ability to work on own initiative and meet set timescales.
- General housekeeping duties.
- To display ACT core values at all times.