Store Manager Designate
Vacancy type: Paid Vacancy
Salary: £18,292 per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Contract hours: Full time
Weekly hours: 37.5 hours per week across Monday to Sunday
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Retail Department for an enthusiastic Store Manager Designate.
About the role
The Store Manager Designate is responsible to provide cover for our Retail Shops, at times when there are vacancies and staff absences. The Store Manager Designate will be required to work flexibly, to cover Retail Shops within an area including our Talbot Green, Whitchurch, Caerphilly, Penarth and Barry shops, with additional cover outside this geographical area. Due to the travel requirements of this role, access to your own car would be essential.
We are looking for someone who is adaptable, is able to work in a variety of working environments, who works well within a small team and has previous retail experience.
You'll be responsible for meeting sales and Lottery targets and maximising Gift Aid income.
The benefits of working for Tŷ Hafan include:
About Tŷ Hafan
Tŷ Hafan currently operates 19 charity shops, geographically spread from Aberystwyth in the west of Wales to Cwmbran in the east. Our Retail team plays a key role in raising essential funds to enable
Tŷ Hafan’s care provision through our hospice and community programmes which support life-limited children and their families in Wales. We strive to be an innovative, supportive, and agile team, working to collectively deliver ambitious goals.
The retail network raises money from the sale of donated goods (mainly clothing, bric-a-brac and household goods) to the general public, a small amount of bought-in ‘new’ goods, and the sale of tickets for the charity’s ‘Crackerjackpot’ weekly lottery. Income is also generated from cash donations, gift aid on donated goods and the sale of waste clothing and household goods to recycling merchants.
Each shop is manned by a salaried manager and deputy, supported by a team of volunteers. Our retail organisation includes regional sales managers, sales administration and logistics support colleagues.
Our vision is to see a Wales where children who may die in childhood live a fulfilling family life.
Our mission is to offer a high standard of free care to children in Wales who may die in childhood in order to enrich their quality of life, and support their families during life, at end of life and through bereavement.
Our values are caring, collaborative and professional.
Our skilled team provide specialist care for children with wide ranging and complex conditions, from pre-birth all the way through to 18 years of age and beyond as the lives of our families our profoundly changed so we focus on their needs too.
Tips for candidates – all applications and interviews will be assessed using the person specification included within the job description.
Please note this role is subject to the outcome of a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Enhanced Disclosure check and two satisfactory references.
The listing will be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
Closing Date: 2nd October 2021
Ref No: 634
Tŷ Hafan is one of the UK’s leading paediatric palliative care charities and offers care to children and support for their families, throughout Wales.
We offer comfort, care and support to life-limited children, young people and their families in the hospice, in the community and in their home so they can make the most of the time they have left together.
We have several departments across the charity ensuring that we are able to maintain and give the care to our children and families.
Vital to providing this free care and support are:
• the nurses and therapists who care for children and young people around the clock to keep them pain free
• members of our specialist team who provide emotional and practical support to ease worries and give families more precious time together
• the advisers who tell families about the financial support they’re entitled to and how they can access other support services
• the volunteers who support Tŷ Hafan’s services and raise awareness of them locally and nationally
• the fundraisers who give their time and energy to raise the money that makes all of our work possible.
• the advocates who work on the behalf of families, making sure their voices and opinions are heard by health and social care services
• the retail managers and volunteers operating charity shops within the communities, generating vital funds
• the office staff supporting the operation and management of the organisation
• the board of trustees leading and developing the Charity to take forward its charitable aims
5 mins walk