Service Manager - Older People's Services
Based in Newport
37 hours per week, £35,611 pa
Who are we?
We are reach and we support people in their own homes to live the life they choose. reach is a part of the Pobl Group. We provide housing and support which makes a real difference to people's lives. We do this by putting people first and shaping our service to each and every person. We don't like to see problems. We want to work with the people we support and the other important people in their lives to find solutions.
What's the role?
You will be based across the services and part of a busy, demanding operational team with responsibility for delivering individualised services. You need to be able to manage your time well and use your own initiative. It is essential that you have skills that enable you to work with people we support, staff, families, social workers and promote partnership working with the local council and Social Services. You will be required to participate in on-call duties. You will need to have registration with the CSSIW so that you can take on the role of registered manager.
We work from a strong person centred position to provide support that is designed specifically for each person. You must have management experience in the domiciliary care field.
In Summary you will be:
- Registered Manager for reach older people's services
- Responsible for the management of all the operational services and stakeholder relationships reach provides in the designated geographical areas.
- Responsible for an area of 'special interest' arising from either reach's growth aspirations, development needs or the needs of the people we support.
- Growing and developing existing services.
Who we are looking for?
You must have the following skills and experience (see Role Profile for full details):
- Experience of leading and managing services for older people, specifically in the domiciliary care field.
- Managing and developing staff, people, services and service systems.
- Working with people who use services, commissioners, families, care managers.
- Budget planning and management.
- Workforce planning, development and operational delivery.
- To develop, write and implement policy and strategic plans in challenging economic and organisational conditions.
- To translate vision, social policy and principles into practice.
- Person centred planning, thinking and individual service design, including some of the systems and skills that need to be in place to deliver those.
- A specific area of specialist knowledge (e.g. older people, autism, young people in transition,assistive technology, inclusion, challenging behaviour, or another area that would support reach's strategic and practice development).
- Able to drive, have full driving licence, and full access to a car for business purposes.
- To be part of on-call.
What's in it for you?
You will be given the responsibility for delivering the operational requirements of the region, as well as the opportunity to grow the portfolio. So for the right person it will allow you to reach your full potential. It will be an exciting and varied role, giving you the chance to shape the future of the business, with the support of the Head of Older People's Services as your line manager. reach is part of the Pobl Group, so you will have access to all the benefits, relationships and support that the Group offers
For this role you will require an Enhanced DBS check, which we pay for
Closing date for applications: Midday, 13 December 2016
Pobl Group makes a difference to people across the South Wales and South West of England Region. Our customers value our local presence and knowledge, so all our services and teams are based in the communities we serve, focused on delivering services that meet specific community needs.