JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
Manufacturing Operations Manager
To manage dedicated manufacturing press lines within the Llanelli facility in order to achieve OEE and KPI production targets. Managing and motivating a team of Team Leaders and operators with specific focus on Quality, Cost, People, Safety & Delivery.
* Liaise and interact with relevant departments to ensure efficient support for materials, machine and personnel availability.
* Set and maintain excellent standards of housekeeping within all areas of responsibility and ensure safe working practice is adhered to at all times.
* Participate fully in all NVA improvement activities.
* Ensure best people performance and lead with both integrity and fairness.
* Produce product in standard time to defined process and quality requirements within agreed budget levels.
* Ensure finished product meets required quality standard and is maintained within set targets.
* Ensure both rework and scrap is kept to minimum levels along with identifying and pursuing the removal of waste in all areas of the production process.
* Identify and participate in NVA activities.
* Manage performance issues to company guide lines and related policies and procedures, including adhering to company appraisal systems.
* Fully support and co-operate with policies and procedures relating to absence management initiatives in order to maintain the company target of >3.5% direct absence and >2.5% company absence.
* Develop and maintain excellent communications and relationships with all customers, internal and external.
* Adopt an honest and open culture to aid two way communications and effective workforce relationships and union representations.
* Ensure compliance with all company systems for production reporting and administration.
* Promote and ensure correct use of equipment and machinery to standard operations within the plant.
* Ensure TPM checks are carried out within published standards and liaise with maintenance on any issues effecting quality, output, health and safety, and availability of equipment.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
* To have a minimum of five year’s people management experience to include unionised environments and preferably in a high volume automotive first tier supplier environment, with a sound knowledge of modern production management techniques.
* Be qualified or studying towards a formal management qualification.
* Have some understanding of the basic employment law issues and Company’s HR policies, procedures, including some handling of discipline and grievance related matters.
* Experience in interview skills & selection process in general.
* Have the ability to lead and motivate a team of people to bring out the best in them.
* To be able to express ideas or facts clearly and convince others through excellent communication skills which encompasses correctly interpreting communication from others through persuasion and influencing.
* Is able to plan and manage resources to achieve objectives and priorities despite conflicting agendas and multiple deliverables.
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable
* To possess interpersonal skills to build rapport with others, displaying trust, integrity, diversity awareness and good networking skills.
* Demonstrates a positive attitude towards change, with a willingness to be flexible and adapt to new circumstances.
* 37.5 hours on a 3 shift rotating pattern, additional hours will be required to suit the needs of the business.
We are a recruitment specialist with a fresh approach to recruitment.
People are at the heart of our business. Our personnel are highly experienced and understand how best to help individuals looking to progress. We take the time to understand companies, their business objectives and how the right people in the right role can unlock growth and success.