Job Elements: -
• To design and develop software through initial concept design, engineering analysis, prototyping, risk assessment and evaluation.
• Develop effective engineering software solutions for new product development to meet specification, timescale and cost requirements.
• Ensure development products are designed to comply with safety and efficacy requirements of customers and maintain industry compliance.
• Provide technical support to other engineering departments to ensure optimum solutions for design challenges.
• Provide documentation necessary for a structured design process and compliance with relevant standards.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An engineering qualification at degree level or above.
• Experience in development of real-time embedded systems.
• Detailed knowledge of up to date software development and test methods.
• Familiarity with software configuration management tools, design tools, and peer review
• Ability to understand electronic circuit schematics.
• Excellent written and oral team communication skills.
• Knowledge of some/all the following: -
o PowerPC Core Architecture / ARM Cortex
o WindRiver VxWorks RTOS
o Graphical LCD and touchscreen solutions
Petrie Recruitment is a relatively small - but perfectly formed!! - business - and it provides staff for a wide range of (mainly permanent) job categories in several sectors, but does tend to focus on manufacturing and commercial positions, e.g. Engineering, General Management, Production Management, Logistics, Purchasing, H.R., Finance, I.T., Sales/Marketing and all aspects of Administration.