My client is a leading manufacturer in its field. Due to their growth, they are now looking for an experienced Shift Manager to join the business.
As a shift manager, you will be part of a dynamic team. You will work a three-shift rota and be responsible for around 70 personnel per shift. Your duties will include:
* Compliance to HS&E regulations and procedures, to ensure the safety of all site personnel
* Monitor and audit work processes, to maintain quality work to ensure Right First Time and customer satisfaction. Following guidelines as set out in the quality management system.
* Direct immediate staff towards business objectives in line with the business strategy
* To motivate and lead members of team in accordance with customer requirements and processes laid out in company policies and Quality Standards including product standard operating procedures
* Staff training and development, ensuring processes and procedures are being followed, and maintenance/upkeep of training matrix
* To provide a positive, ‘can do’ approach to management whilst leading the team by example. To provide supportive management to coach, develop and motivate their team
* To identify and implement lean manufacturing techniques with the use of VSMs, 5S, Visual Management, Kanban Poka-yoke, etc. and work in conjunction with other departments/Shifts
* To manage staff leave and absence to ensure production supervision levels are maintained to meet production KPIs
* To provide clear and concise production performance information in a timely manner as required daily, weekly, monthly.
* To undertake other duties which may arise or as may be delegated from time to time, appropriate to the grade of the post
* Carry out disciplinary action/Investigation as and when required up to and including Final Stage Written warning
* Ensure all shifts work cohesively to achieve customer requirements
* Resource planning, ensure the right people with the right skills are available to manufacture customer demand
* Review and promote the company vision, mission statement and values
* Ability to interpret business requirements into production output
* Sound understanding of production processes
* Ability to focus on detailed work while sustaining production output
* Understanding of Lean Manufacturing processes and quality tools and techniques i.e. VSMs, 5S, Work Place Organisation, PDCA, Visual Management, Kaizens, etc
* Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/Material Requirements Planning (MRP) concept and knowledge
* Results focused
* Team working and collaborative
* Personnel Management experience
* Good understanding of leadership styles and values
We are a recruitment specialist with a fresh approach to recruitment.
People are at the heart of our business. Our personnel are highly experienced and understand how best to help individuals looking to progress. We take the time to understand companies, their business objectives and how the right people in the right role can unlock growth and success.