R&D Software Engineer Games / interactive entertainment up to £45,000pa DOE
Candidate Key words software, engineer, developer, r&d, programmer, c++, objective c, ios, html, .net, c#, mac, android, linux, windows, entertainment, games, gaming, electronic, firmware, real time system design, prototype
Located in South Wales
A skilled software engineer is required to join a worldwide leader of innovative peripherals in the interactive entertainment industry. The company is focused on continued growth within PC Gaming, Console and Video Game Accessories as well as Audio products. We are looking for an experienced software engineer to work in the companies R&D offices and the successful candidate will be responsible for developing Mac OS drivers and User Interfaces, software plugins and development test tools for the companies' cutting edge consumer products
We are looking for a software engineer to be an active and effective member of a multi-disciplinary team, developing high and low level software, including a hands-on role in system specification and design, testing, and release.
Above all, as a developer joining this team you will need to have a high aptitude and drive, as well as an ability to work effectively in a team and communicate clearly. Other responsibilities within this role will be to-
* Design cost effective consumer products that meet the companies exacting technical and quality requirements.
* Ensure the timely delivery of fully documented working prototypes, assist in the development and support of system SDK's, etc. as required, which satisfy the technical and marketing specifications.
* Provide full documentation of all software and control of software releases.
* Assist in the design and development of software and game plugin code to support products running on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux and Gaming Consoles.
* Initial development of prototype systems
* Ensure high design quality and maintainability through good practice, peer review, clear documentation, testing and thorough verification
* Integration with Software/Electrical/Electronic/Firmware systems.
* Develop and test product development and testing software tools.
* Monitor and effectively communicate project status, business issues and any significant developments to senior management team
* Strive to ensure that designs are reliable and will perform consistently across a range of operating environments.
Other than this there may be the option for some overseas travel occasionally required - Mainly USA and Far East (eg China, Hong Kong, Taiwan).
The successful software engineer must be able to comprehend complex issues and pro-actively propose solutions. The working environment is very dynamic, requiring constant updating of knowledge in both the technical and procedural aspects of the job.
In terms of technical aptitude we are looking for a candidate with a good software / computing / microsystem degree as well as
* Strong, Commercial experience with C++
* Commercial experience working with consumer related technologies
* Experience with Real time system design & implementation
* Experience with Objective C
* Mac OS programming skills are essential - Unix/Linux, Windows SDK and Windows programming experience beneficial.
Perhaps equally as important to the technical skills above, a knowledge and passion for video gaming is a big plus!
R&D Software Engineer Job Summary -
* Fulltime - Normal working hours
* Salary up to £45,000 with excellent benefits
* Located in South Wales
For more details please apply for an initial call back regarding the role / your experience or call on 02920 252500 for a confidential chat and more information on the role.
"The services advertised by IntaPeople are those of an Employment Agency and an Employment Business"
IntaPeople is a specialist recruitment consultancy offering first-rate talent solutions to the IT, data centre, storage and engineering professions.
Established in 1994, we are experts in sourcing high quality candidates for a wide range of permanent, contract and temporary positions across Wales, the UK and Europe.
Our mission is to provide first-rate, honest and transparent talent solutions that exceeds both client and candidate expectations at every step of the relationship.
Through the range of recruitment, talent management and recruitment process outsourcing solutions we offer, we help both organisations and individuals realise their full potential.