Are you available for immediate start in the Newport area and looking for an ongoing HR Admin role?
Reporting to the People Manager, the main purpose of this role is to provide confidential Personnel administrative support to the People Team relating to the sites training skills matrix.
- Maintain Training Skills Matrix
- Ensure planned training is completed and signed off within the tool
- Ensure training sign-off certificates are uploaded into the tool and a hard copy filed into their individual personnel files.
- Help to create Standard Operating Procedures for the use of our Company's Training Skills Matrix
- Various other general administrative duties e.g. maintain personnel files, contribute to implementing a structured ways of working within the People team, maintain the organisation structure etc.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Minimum GCSE's (or equivalent) level of education.
- Good level of typewriting skills
- Excellent IT skills including a detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Highly structured and systematic approach
- Organisation skills; adheres to deadlines
- Good working knowledge and understanding of general administrative principles, tools and techniques
- Embraces change
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good numeracy, literacy and verbal communication skills
- Strong influencer, able to challenge management and colleagues where appropriate
- Results focused, and with a strong attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritise workload effectively
Pay Rate: £9.00 per hour
Working hours: 35 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Free car parking
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.