Full/Part Time Hours available
Wage: National Minimum/Living Wage
595 Cowbridge Road East
- Welsh Speaker preferred but not essential
- Barista trained preferred but not essential
- Confident, friendly, professional
- Exceptional standards of hygiene
Join our incredible team. This is a busy food & beverage business open 7 days a week. We are an independent business enjoying incredible success through providing service and quality produce aiming to always exceed the customers expectations. Are you dynamic, experienced, friendly and professional? Do you go above & beyond to make your customers day? Come join us!
HOW TO APPLY:
YOU MUST ATTACH YOUR LATEST CV
Apply online with your CV and a covering letter of no more than 300 words explaining why you will make the perfect candidate. Please highlight your key skills & experience, are you a trained Barista? Do you have culinary skills? How have you demonstrated incredible customer service through attention to detail?
- Project a pleasant, positive & professional image to all contacts at all times
- Provide excellent guest service by discovering all of our guests needs and acting on these needs promptly, effectively and with confidence
- Liaise and communicate effectively with all team members to ensure seamless transfer of information takes place.
- Manage cultural needs and expectations of guests
- Up selling and identification of additional revenue opportunities
- Maintain and adhere to billing policies and procedures
- Punctual attendance to each shift
- Maintain positive teamwork at all times
- Accurate and timely delivery of orders to guests
- Some basic food preparation and handling will be required
- Any other task required to contribute to the workflow of the department including daily cleaning tasks
- Adopt a clean as you go working attitude
- Being able to speak and write fluent English
- Being an open people person
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Being a positive team player
- Time planning
- Good organiser
- Good understanding of guests needs
- Previous experience as a barista
- Having practical waiting experience in a bakery, hotel, café, restaurant or similar is preferable
- Certificates basic food hygiene, SVQ or NVQ is preferable
OTHER: (travel, physical, drivers’ license)
- Walking and standing are required during the working day.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfil cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Shift work essential.
- To attend any training courses deemed suitable
- To act upon Fire, Hygiene and all Health & Safety legislation
- Follow Bakery policies and procedures as per employee Induction as detailed in the employee Handbook
- Follow department standard operating procedures
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time, and may be amended from time to time as required.
Sister to Pettigrew Tea Rooms established in March 2012 our Tea Rooms have become renowned for dedication, passion and integrity. We use local Welsh producers and fine quality ingredients in all the things we make and the food and beverages we prepare.
Our Bakery will fulfil a dream for us to become a true producer in South Wales, supplying more incredible baking to more people than ever.