Opportunity to lead a team a team of 12 team members who are open to change and new ideas. Company have confirmed growth of 300% in the next 3 years! Working within an automotive global group who have ambitious growth plans and a dynamic culture. Corporate group have a track record of success which stretches back over 120 years, with c130 manufacturing sites and employing around 20,000.
Salary: c�26,000 + paid overtime x 1.5 Sat, x 2 Sun
3 shift pattern mornings, afternoon and nights (Mon-Fri)
Healthcare, Pension 5%, Life Cover
The Role: Production Team Leader / Production Supervisor
Production team leader reporting to the production supervisor, leading a team of around 12 production operators, responsibilities include:-
* To effectively lead and support team members in achieving targets for all KPI’s such as Performance, availability, quality and Safety.
* Promote Continuous Improvement activities to all team members and lead by example at all times.
* Manage, assess and appraise team members and highlight training needs where required.
* Carry out incident and accident investigation ensuring that correct standards are met.
* Ensure first line maintenance and quality checks are carried out to schedule and quality requirements.
* Co-ordinate holiday entitlements in their area of responsibility by ensuring that holidays are spread evenly across a 12-month period.
* Deal with operational issues that arise on shift.
* Carry out an effective Shift handover ensuring that incoming T.L’s have all the relevant information for a smooth start up.
* Ensure that Team Members are provided with alternative activities during periods of planned and unplanned idle time.
* Record accurate hourly scores off each cell of responsibility and provide explanations for any losses.
* Identify and understand the reasons for any losses in output and suggest ideas to improve. Reasons could be due to a lack of training, machine reliability, or personal issues.
* Review and input shift report data into the OEE file, update Production boards with relevant information in area of responsibility.
The Candidate: Production Team Leader / Production Supervisor
* Candidates must have gained production supervisory / team leading experience within the manufacturing sector.
* Leadership qualification such as NEBS / ILM would be an advantage.
* Good communication are essential.
Sigma Recruitment - South Wales Recruitment Specialists.
Sigma Recruitment Ltd are ‘South Wales Recruitment Specialists' based in Cardiff. We offer a full range of permanent recruitment solutions to many of South Wales' leading manufacturing and technical organisations.