GLOBAL GROUP OF COMPANES. AWARD WINNING ORGANISATION. BLUE CHIP CUSTOMERS. Electrical Engineer / Electrical Maintenance Technician required to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
The role would be based on a well-established site working for a company who offer good training opportunities, competitive salary and a good benefits scheme.
Salary: £31,000 – £34,500 (highly dependent on experience) + Pension, Life Insurance, Employee Benefits Scheme, etc.
2 week shift pattern involving 12 hour shifts (no nights involved) 5 days first week and 2 days second week.
The Role: The Electrical Engineer / Electrical Maintenance Technician will report directly will report to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for the day to day maintenance of the site along with working with a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) system.
Responsibilities will include:
* The Electrical Maintenance Technician will be involved in electrical fault finding, diagnosis and repairs
* Prioritising and conducting all electrical maintenance work
* The Electrical Maintenance Engineer will implement and/or develop new processes to resolve faults and prevent repeat issues
* Ensuring all machines, processes and operations meet required standards
* Assisting mechanical team on breakdowns
* The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for carrying out PPM on all machines
* Assisting maintenance team with all projects
The Candidate: Electrical Engineer / Electrical Maintenance Technician
* The Electrical Maintenance Engineer must have a relevant time served apprenticeship
* Experience within a Manufacturing environment is essential
* Experience within a FMCG environment is highly desirable
* The Electrical Maintenance Technician must have good PLC skills preferably with Siemens (S5/S7) and/or Allen Bradley
* 17th Edition Wiring Regulations are desirable
* Must have experience of working with a PPM system
* The Electrical Engineer must have strong attention to detail
* Must have the ability to comply with all relevant Health & Safety regulations
* Experience in dealing with or being involved in project work would be an advantage
* Must be analytical and possess excellent problem solving ability
* Excellent communication skills are required in both written and verbal formats
* Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications
We will contact you within 2 working days if your CV is relevant for the position.
Sigma Recruitment - South Wales Recruitment Specialists.
Sigma Recruitment Ltd are ‘South Wales Recruitment Specialists' based in Cardiff. We offer a full range of permanent recruitment solutions to many of South Wales' leading manufacturing and technical organisations.