Job Elements: -
• The Conformance engineer role is responsible for monitoring, analysing and improving all aspects of QA / QC throughout the entire product supply / manufacturing chain.
• The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of QA / QC requirements and will be expected to positively engage at all organisational levels. In addition to the factory based activities, the role will demand an occasional presence at both Suppliers and Customers.
• Maintenance and improvement of the Quality Management System in accordance with ISO9001 and associated product quality and integrity systems
• To conduct and report upon the result of QC/EHS patrols, inspections and product testing results.
• Ensure that Non-conforming products, services and processes are investigated and effective corrective and preventive actions are implemented.
• To support and carry out Root cause analysis of Quality improvement activities on the production line
• Data analysis and reporting of statistics, reviewing yield and quality performance, informing employees of results.
• Maintenance of calibration systems.
• To ensure quarantined products are actioned for disposal, rework or re sale.
• Improve and create Documentation, methods, procedures and standard operating practices and improve and document information processes.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Technical / Engineering Qualification
• Proven quality engineering experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
• Ideally experience of working within a Tier 1 Automotive Manufacturing supplier
• Health and safety experience
• Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential with an ability to communicate a clear purpose and direction
• Excellent computer skills, minimum MS Office
• Willing to undertake business travel at short notice
Petrie Recruitment is a relatively small - but perfectly formed!! - business - and it provides staff for a wide range of (mainly permanent) job categories in several sectors, but does tend to focus on manufacturing and commercial positions, e.g. Engineering, General Management, Production Management, Logistics, Purchasing, H.R., Finance, I.T., Sales/Marketing and all aspects of Administration.