EXPANDING ORGANISATION. RAPIDLY GROWING TURNOVER. VARIED WORKLOAD. Electronics Technician required to work for a company who are experiencing ongoing growth as a business.
The role will see the successful candidate working as part of a multi-disciplined engineering team providing them with day to day support relating to the development of new products.
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 (highly dependent on experience) + Pension, etc.
The Role: The Electronics Technician will report directly to a Senior Engineer onsite and will assist in the production and testing of prototypes onsite while working as part of a multi-skilled team.
Responsibilities will include:
* Prototype production through the use of hand soldering and semi-automated tools for SMT and through-hole electronics prototypes
* The Electronics Technician will use mechanical tools to produce and modify custom enclosures
* Device testing and functional verification of device parameters using Oscilloscopes, Power Analysers, EMC Analysers and Environmental Chambers
* Assisting in the system validation testing
* Providing detailed test reports to the engineering team
* Assisting in the part approval testing process
* Working with the QA department to ensure equipment calibration is completed in a timely and efficient manner
* Ensuring the replacement and ordering of commonly used components
The Candidate: Electronics Technician
* Experience within a manufacturing / development / Research & Development environment is essential
* Must have experience of working as part of a multi-disciplined engineering team is needed (electronic / electrical / software / mechanical etc.)
* The Electronics Technician must have hands on experience of testing electronic devices and components
* Experience of hand soldering, Surface Mount Technology (SMT), electronics assembly and rework processes is needed
* Must have a good all round understanding of basic electronics principles and components
* Must be able to work both individually under own initiative and as part of a team
* Possession of IPC or other recognised industry qualifications / training is desirable
* Experience of testing products / components within a highly-regulated field is desirable
* The ability to use electronic test equipment (Oscilloscopes, environmental chambers, power or EMC analysers, etc.) is highly desirable
* Must be analytical and possess excellent problem solving ability
* Excellent communication skills are required in both written and verbal formats
* Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications
We will contact you within 2 working days if your CV is relevant for the position.
Sigma Recruitment - South Wales Recruitment Specialists.
Sigma Recruitment Ltd are ‘South Wales Recruitment Specialists' based in Cardiff. We offer a full range of permanent recruitment solutions to many of South Wales' leading manufacturing and technical organisations.