Extra Care - Based in Caerphilly
37 hours per week - Actual salary £21,210 pa
Maternity Leave: 9 months (Potential up to 3 months extension)
Reach are experts in providing extra care services, with 6 schemes across South Wales, supporting 200 people employing over 100 Support Workers
In this role you will lead, manage and develop a team of Support Workers at our Cefn Glas scheme, to provide outstanding support to between 26-28 people living in extra care services.
Who are we?
reach strives to make a real difference to people's lives by putting people first and shaping our service to each and every individual. We have loads of experience supporting people with learning disabilities, autism and 'challenging behaviour', as well as providing care and support for older people.
What will you do?
- You will be responsible for the quality and organisation of the services, and the workforce and partnerships necessary to deliver them.
- Managing the overall provision of a person centred care and support service based on the needs and wishes of each person supported.
- Leading and developing staff and staff teams to deliver a high quality outcome focussed care and support service.
- Ensuring effective partnership working arrangements are developed and maintained with all key partners, including Housing, Social Services, and Health Trust etc.
- Providing and maintaining records, reports and systems that meet regulatory, contractual and legislative requirements.
- Researching and replicating best practice in respect of the provision of extra care
Who are we looking for?
- Management experience within the care sector, ideally within an Extra Care scheme
- Experience of working in an extra care service or experience of working with older people, people with mental health needs, dementia or physical disabilities.
- Demonstrable experience of having successfully delivered person centred services
- Experience of managing, supporting and developing a team of employees
- Outstanding aptitude for engaging and working with older people and their families
- Ability to translate company plans into practice
- Knowledge of key policies, procedures, systems and legislation that influences the provision of Social Care
What's in it for you?
This is an opportunity for you to develop your already excellent Management and Service Delivery skills with a leading organisation in the sector. You will be joining our experienced and supported Management Team, with the freedom to help us take the scheme to the next level. Not only will you be part of a highly successful business, you will also contribute to the success of the whole Pobl Group, which is moving from strength to strength (See www.Poblgroup.co.uk)
For this role you will require an Enhanced DBS check, which we pay for.
Apply today! If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for then click 'Apply'. Download our Application Form from our vacancy page, following the submission guidelines.
Closing date for applications: Midday, Monday 5th December 2016
We are reach and we support people in their own homes to live the life they want. The support we offer people is designed for each person. It can range from supporting people 24 hours a day to just a few hours support.
We provide housing and support which makes a real difference to people’s lives. We do this by putting people first and shaping our service to each and every person.
A career with reach gives you the opportunity to make a real difference to the people we support. No matter what stage you’re at in your career, a role with reach will see you directly contributing to the care and support we provide, so you’ll never finish a day’s work wondering what you’ve achieved.
Our people are our most important asset, we simply can’t provide great quality care without the talent, commitment and expertise of our team. So we support our people to become the best they can be, so you’ll receive all the training you need and a range of professional development opportunities to ensure you grow as we grow.