Trecco Bay Porthcawl, CF36 5PW
£80,000 - £100,000
Closing date: 20/12/2016
Parkdean Resorts own and manage 73 award winning holiday parks throughout the UK operating under the Parkdean Holidays and Park Resorts banners. The Group was created with the merger of Park Resorts and Parkdean Holidays in November 2015.
Parkdean Resorts are delighted to be recruiting the General Manager position, in our Flagship Park and largest Holiday Park in Europe, at Trecco Bay Porthcawl, CF36 5PW.
With over 1500 Holiday Home owners and a fleet of 412 caravans, Parkdean Resorts are seeking an experienced General Manager who can take full accountability for all areas of the park strategy and operation.
The General Manager will have four direct reports and will be responsible for over 350 staff at the height of season (mixture of established and seasonal employees). We are looking for someone who has managed steady, top performing teams who are driven by results and high standards.
Reporting into a Regional Director, we are looking for an experienced operator to lead the team with enthusiasm and passion.
The purpose of this role is:
- To manage, organise, control and supervise efficiently and profitably all elements of the Park in line with current Company policies and procedures ensuring delivery to the financial targets of the business.
- To recruit, retain, motivate, train and develop department heads along with their direct reports to ensure we get the best from our people and deliver to and exceed our guest and owners expectations.
- To organise and implement all aspects of compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To manage, organise, control and supervise the process of any specified capital expenditure as directed by the Regional Director ensuring financial, conceptual and phasing objectives are achieved in line with Company policy.
- To maximize sales, profitability and customer service to position the company as a brand of choice delivered through people.
The successful candidate will:-
- Have an extensive background in senior management with experience of managing large teams and large turnover businesses (Owner and Customer focused businesses is essential)
- Have experience within a target driven, fast paced sales environment
- Be sales and target focused with a proven track record of success
- Have excellent leadership and partnership skills
- Have an exemplar business and financial acumen
- Have a business and financial acumen
- Have a passion for developing people and promoting internal talent.
The preferred candidate will have experience within the holiday park arena, have managed large and diverse teams and be aspiring to lead from the front.
If this sounds like you and you think you have Parkdean Resorts potential then apply now!
- £80,000 - £100,000
- Fantastic annual bonus package
- 25% discount on holidays for yourself, friends and family
- Stand-by breaks available at a discounted rate
One of the UK's largest holiday parks, Trecco Bay is Visit Wales 4 star accredited, has a striking Blue Flag beach and the bustling town of Porthcawl right on its doorstep. Facilities on park include Splashland indoor swimming pool with water slides & chutes, sports courts and a variety of family entertainment. Eat, drink & enjoy in 7 different venues across the park, and take advantage of the convenience store, gift shop and laundrette. Trecco Bay has 412 units for hire and boasts 1456 privately owned caravans and lodges.
Parkdean is a UK focused self-catering Holiday Park operator with 24 Holiday Parks; fifteen in the South West of England, six in Scotland, two in South Wales and one in Norfolk.
The company was established in 1999 and offers a range of quality accommodation, including caravan holiday homes, lodges, apartments and chalets, which are available for short breaks and longer holidays throughout the year.
In addition, caravan and camping pitches are available at many locations, whilst a number of pitches are also occupied by privately owned caravans under licence.
Our awards & achievements
Gold winner "Best UK Holiday Park Operator 2013"
The British Travel Awards is the largest awards programme in the UK for travel companies and sets the benchmark for excellence when it comes to finding out who really is the best in the UK travel industry.
Votes are cast by the British public and as such they have become highly sought-after and recognisable accolades.
We are delighted to have been awarded the gold award for "Best UK Holiday Park Operator" category, this illustrates our commitment to providing customers with the best experience and delivering brilliant customer service across all of our holiday parks.