Salary: Grade 3 - £18,560 - £24,717
Contract type: Temporary (initially for 2 years)
We are currently seeking a Data Officer who will support our work across the full range of our business. The person appointed will be a vital part of the team, working within our data management function and supporting a range of data collections across the breadth of our business.
The post will suit anyone who has:
- a background in data;
- very strong Excel skills; and
- a keen eye for detail.
The ability to work in Welsh would be a significant advantage for this post.
Functions of this post
The Data Officer will:
- Plan and deliver a range of data collections;
- Support the development of relevant guidance;
- Undertake data validation;
- Prepare data for storage in our repository;
- Prepare and maintain appropriate meta-data;
- Prepare data for dissemination as appropriate;
- Ensure the data we produce is of the highest quality; and
- Carry out any other relevant tasks as necessary.
- Skilled in the use of the MS Office suite;
- Strong understanding of MS Excel capabilities;
- Experience of using web-based applications;
- Experience of using databases for data storage and manipulation;
- An eye for detail and accuracy in work produced;
- Must be able to communicate information accurately, securely and clearly – both orally and in writing;
- Experience in the use of Crystal Reports (or other similar package) would be an advantage; and
- A relevant degree with an element of data and/or formal statistics, or having relevant experience, would be an advantage.
All of these posts will be offered for an initial period of 2 years.
The posts may involve travel within Wales. The ability to speak Welsh will be considered to be an advantage.
What we can offer
We are a learning organisation with a commitment to learning and development. We value our people and it shows. We have held Investors in People status continuously for the last 15 years.
We operate a flexible working scheme which gives employees the opportunity to be flexible about their work whilst ensuring that the needs of our business are met.
What we expect from you
With flexibility comes responsibility. We expect our staff to be self-motivated and committed to our work. We treat people as adults and expect them to act accordingly.
If you are interested in this position then please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below and follow the application process on our website
Your application should reach us no later than noon on Wednesday 30 November. Interviews will be held in our Cardiff offices on Monday 12 December 2016.
We offer a range of specialist support designed to help you find and use data effectively, including:
* Help to source, collect, or collate data
* Data analysis
* Effective data presentation
* Advice on the best ways to undertake research
* Help to find out what citizens, service users/customers think
* Training your staff in relevant topics such as Basic Statistics, Presenting Data, Managing Performance, Survey Design & Analysis, Questionnaire Design etc.
* Providing cost-effective access to a range of commercial data sets.