Salary: £21,789 (Full time equivalent)
37 & 20 hours per week - Flexible office hours Monday - Friday
The schemes are staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Solas provides a wide range of high quality accommodation based services for young people 16+, adults aged 18+, families across South Wales and substance misuse treatment services. We provide accommodation and Individual support packages to our customers and access can access a range of volunteering, education, employment and training opportunities. Our aim is to move people on to independence. We provide access to permanent settled accommodation and a programme of activities and training opportunities to support people to develop the skills they need to successfully move on with their lives.
- Clarence Place: A supported housing scheme for adults (over 18) who have complex needs (dual diagnosis) including mental health issues, substance misuse & criminal offending history. The scheme houses 26
- Clifton Place: A supported housing scheme for homeless adults (over 16).The scheme houses as a minimum 29 individuals (this can include families)
- Albert Street: A supported housing scheme for homeless adults (over 18). The scheme houses 25
The responsibilities of a Resettlement Worker include:
- Provide a continuous and consistent approach to support for vulnerable adults, helping them make the transition into independent living and advising them on re-housing options.
- Provide support with budgeting and money management, including welfare benefits & debt management in partnership with the project staff
- Liaise with Social Services, the Benefit Agency, Housing Department, Project Worker, Health and other agencies
- To work closely with the resettlement floating support team & project staff
- To prepare reports for the housing panel and present our service users cases at Panel
Who we are looking for (for more detail see Role Profile):
- You will have experience of working face-to-face with vulnerable groups in a complex needs setting (including adults with alcohol/substance misuse and mental healthissues)
- Knowledge of the issues facing homeless people
- Strong Understanding of the housing act, homeless duties and the Newport Housing Options process
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure, as well as part of a team
- This role requires flexibility along with enthusiastic, self-motivated and creative individuals
- You will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to produce individual support plans and other written reports and monitoring information as required.
- Knowledge of financial procedures and budgeting controls and knowledge of the benefits system
What's in it for you?
At Solas we look to reward our talent with a comprehensive package. Along with a competitive salary, we have flexible working, 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), excellent pension options, retail discounts and company loans to name a few. Additionally we invest heavily in our employee support, training and development, so you will always have the tools and knowledge you'll need to do your job.
The role will develop your communication and coaching skills, as well as your knowledge and networks within the industry and society as a whole. This truly is an exciting opportunity for you to develop both your career and personally.
Closing Date: 7th December 2016, 12:00pm
We are Solas, we provide a broad range of services for people who are vulnerable, homeless or at risk of homelessness. We provide accommodation, support, advice, education, training and employment. At Solas we believe in the people we support, we work to provide as many opportunities as possible to access permanent settled accommodation, participate in meaningful activity, undertake new experiences and to develop their skills through creative learning and personal development.
We apply a solutions focussed approach to our work and believe every person has strengths and qualities that we can support them to build on. We encourage people to have aspirations and work towards their personal goals.