ESTABLISHED ORGANISATION. VARIED AND INTERESTING WORKLOAD. Senior Analyst / Laboratory Technician required to work for a company with a long track record who are currently going through the process of expanding into a larger site.
The successful candidate will form part of a laboratory function providing contract and consultancy services to a wide range of customers providing a diverse workload.
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 (dependent on experience) + Pension, etc.
The Role: The successful Senior Analyst / Laboratory Technician will report in to a Laboratory Manager and will be involved in undertaking analytical work to provide customers with a prompt and accurate service. There is also the opportunity to be involved in method development and consultancy work outside of the normal remit of the role.
Responsibilities will include:
* Undertaking instrumental analysis, interpreting results and reporting findings
* The Senior Analyst / Laboratory Technician will provide appropriate scientific and technical advice and develop contacts with all clients
* Undertaking investigative analysis to provide adequate evidential support for clients’ purposes
* Undertaking analytical and investigative work as required for the development of analytical methods and provide an assessment of their suitability for use in analytical services laboratory
* Overseeing the day-today operational work of the DNA laboratory and ensuring the most efficient throughput and use of the scientific laboratory
* Participation in collaborative trials, surveys, performance assessment, routine work and to keep abreast of and advise on relevant analytical, equipment and systems developments.
The Candidate: Senior Analyst / Laboratory Technician
* Experience within a laboratory environment is essential
* Must hold a relevant degree level scientific qualification (Chemistry, Forensic Science, Biochemistry, Biology, Materials Science, etc.)
* The Senior Analyst / Laboratory Technician must have experience of a range of analytical techniques with a particular focus on GC, HPLC and GC-MS
* Must have method development experience
* Familiarity with techniques such as q-PCR, IC and FTIR is desirable
* Must have good experience of assisting in the maintaining of laboratory records for recording of results, etc.
* Experience of undertaking customer facing activities is desirable
* Must have excellent problem solving skills
* Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal formats are needed
* Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications
We will contact you within 2 working days if your CV is relevant for the position.
Sigma Recruitment - South Wales Recruitment Specialists.
Sigma Recruitment Ltd are ‘South Wales Recruitment Specialists' based in Cardiff. We offer a full range of permanent recruitment solutions to many of South Wales' leading manufacturing and technical organisations.