Deputy General Manager
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Jurys Inns Group Ltd is one of the fastest-growing hotel groups in Europe, with 37 property locations in the UK, Ireland and Europe with more to come...
Jurys Inn Cardiff
We are looking for enthusiastic, genuine, friendly people who strive to exceed expectations and deliver excellence in everything that they do.
We have an opportunity for you to join Management Team as a Deputy General Manger
You will become an integral member of the team to deliver excellence to all our valued customers in our hotel, through our teams in all departments.
This is a role, where we engage with you; give you practical training, development and progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company, knowing that promotion will not be too far away if you want a fun and exciting career in hospitality.
If you are flexible, well organised, possess excellent communication skills, can work on your own initiative as well as motivating others, have a genuine desire to work in the hospitality industry and are looking for a structured career path then apply online today
Jurys Inns is committed to developing future talent. This role will give you an opportunity to become a General Manager within 18 months to two years.
Deputy General Manager key responsibilities:
- Manage the daily operations of the hotel
- Responsible for ensuring excellent customer satisfaction levels are achieved and property customer satisfaction targets are delivered
- Work with FC and GM to produce annual finance budget
- Proactively encourage development and motivation for self and others.
- Support the General Manager with the management and administration of CAPEX projects.
- Identifying, communicating and actioning all sales leads.
- Keeping the team up to date about departmental, hotel and company activities through daily communications including financial feedback, customer feedback, ORC Reports; taking appropriate actions for improvement
- Carrying out interviews and contributing to the recruitment decisions.
- Management of the safety policy and fire register
- Following company control procedures in accordance with the internal audit requirements.
- Understanding relevant H&S legislation and the implications on the operation of the department including HACCP & COSHH
- Awareness of the emergency procedures, full knowledge of the fire manual, ensuring that all staff and supervisors are similarly aware.
- Duty Management shifts as required.
What benefits will I receive while working for Jurys Inn?
Here are some of the fantastic benefits that you would be entitled to if you joined Jurys Inns Hotel Group. Full details are provided during Company BELONG Induction Programme.
- Well-Tailored Uniforms
- Meals on duty
- Social Activities (Staff Summer/Winter event)
- Monthly engagement activities
- Annual Charity Event Day
- Training and Development opportunities through our `Grow` L&D Programme
- Employee of the month & Overall Employee of the Year, Gala dinner
- Discounted accommodation rates for staff members and reduced rate for friends and family
- Food Discount - 50% off total lunch or dinner bills when staying in one of our hotels
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days
- Pension Scheme- Contributory Group Personal Pension Plan
- Flexible working hours
- Earn up to £100 for recommending a friend to work for us
- Birthday cards every year
- Life Assurance
- No split shifts
If you are interested in this position please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below
Formerly known as The Parc hotel, our Jurys Inn Cardiff hotel is conveniently located just a short walk from Cardiff Queen Street train station, making it ideal for transport links to and from the city. Housed in a grand Victorian building and situated in the city centre, our hotel in Cardiff is within walking distance to Motorpoint Arena Cardiff, Cardiff Castle, and St Davids Shopping Centre, as well as a myriad of restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues.