Sports Coach / Role Model
SuperStars are currently looking for a Sports Coach / Multi Sports Coach / PE Teacher / PE Coach / Primary School PE Coach (or as we like to call you... ‘PE Specialist’) to work in a NEWPORT based school for 5 days per week during term time with the option of Full Time work during the school holidays. We are looking for an organised, positive and passionate individual with a ‘Can Do’ attitude. Strong classroom management skills are a must as well as experience of working with Primary School aged pupils.
The role will involve teaching PE to Primary aged pupils across both Foundation Phase and KS2 as well as delivering extra-curricular clubs at both Lunch Time and After School. The primary purpose of the role is for ‘Intervention’ and to support the school with some of the more challenging pupils by offering them a support network in the school in the form of a ‘Role Model’ and taking the children, usually in smaller groups for FUN PE sessions/games as well as supporting as a TA with the class teacher.
What does a Primary School Sports Coach / Role Model Do?
- Teach primary-age children the PE curriculum, including dance and gymnastics (All planning provided for you).
- Prepare and deliver lessons covering the needs of all abilities in the class.
- Positively manage behaviour.
- Give each child progression by providing high quality teaching & development.
- Deliver outstanding customer service.
- Intervention work with Small Groups (Fun Games / Sport)
- Support as a TA
- Be flexible around the needs of the school day to day
Requirements for a Primary School Sports Coach?
- Have GCSE's and/or A Levels (or equivalent) in PE or Sports Coaching.
- A degree or higher level qualification is desirable.
- Must have experience working with children aged - 4 - 11.
- This could be in a school environment or in a coaching role.
What do you get in return?
- Full and comprehensive training provided.
- Grow and develop within an expanding organisation with promotion opportunities.
- Paid experience, relevant to a PGCE application (Our staff application success rate is over 85%).
- The opportunity to work on our award winning Holiday Courses.
- A dedicated Staff Support Manager & Head of Happiness.
If you would like some more information give one of our friendly team a call on 02920 090 503
SuperStars believes in developing bright futures for all children, by providing new, highly rewarding activities. Our dedicated subject specialists are committed to raising standards in schools and our ultimate goal is a simple one;
To give every child the outstanding experiences and opportunities they deserve.
The SuperStars team is a passionate group of energetic and ambitious role-models who are 100% committed to collectively achieving our vision. We live and breathe our 12 points of culture to ensure that we consistently develop bright futures.