Component Controller Administrative Assistant - Vista Retail, Cardiff
To improve the control and availability of small spare components within the repair centre to achieve efficient repair rates. To cover 4th party and customer ‘return to base’ administration.
Main Tasks and Objectives
• Monitor trends of component usage, using relevant Metrix reports and placing purchase requests to ensure that the correct level of stock is held to meet department needs.
• Receive small component goods in from warehouse and book into stores location with minimum delay.
• Store all spares in a secure area and maintain the live inventory accurately to ensure that the stock is accounted for and available for repairing the equipment in the department in a timely manner.
• Update Metrix with the minimum, maximum and safety stock quantities and component values in order to be able to carry out cost per repair analysis.
• Book components to a repair activity when applicable.
• Maintain a safe and clean storage area.
• Manage the 4th party return material authorisations (RMAs) process in line with department procedures, including ensuring that the requests are processed accurately via database.
• Pack and despatch 4th party and customer returns to relevant repairer or customer.
• Monitor 4th party and customer return repairs and progress if overdue.
• Receive and close 4th party and customer returns and complete the process on Metrix.
Outcomes and Deliverables
• Small spares stock levels are always up to date to ensure engineers can carry out repairs.
• 4th party and customer return repairs are despatched accurately and in a timely manner.
In addition to the above duties the post holder must be prepared to undertake such additional duties which may result from changing circumstances.
• This role will be privy to some confidential and sensitive information and as such the Administrative Assistant will be expected to treat all information as sensitive discussing it only with those people who have the necessary authority.
Desirable personal qualities
- Possess high level of computer skills with the ability to use “Microsoft” software packages
- Able to work independently once guidance has been given and able to handle a variety of tasks at the same time. Adopt a proactive approach and ability to manage workload at all times both during busy and quieter times
- Experience of customer facing activities would be ideal
- Effective telephone manner and be able to communicate well, both verbal and written
- Logical, methodical approach and effective organisation skills
Any applicant who has already achieved the same qualification, degree level or higher would not be eligible to apply.
As this is a Foundation Apprenticeship Opportunity any applicant who has already achieved the same qualification of Business Administration level 2, higher level qualification or Degree level would not be eligible to apply due to funding restrictions
Hours of work- 37.5 hours per week
- National Minimum Wage
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.