Would you like the opportunity to manage an engineering function in a c£100M plant? Controlling a budget of £3.5 - £4.5M and having overall responsibility for c40 staff plus contractors. Working with a global business who have been established for more than four decades and are considered one of the market leaders within their field. Operating within a lean manufacturing environment, you will have the opportunity to implement change and lead the drive to improve the engineering service.
Salary: Up to £55,000 plus 20% bonus + benefits
The Role: Engineering Manager / Engineering Manager
Engineering Manager will manage, plan, design and execute policies and methods regarding engineering operation and strategy. Key position within the plants senior management team reporting to the operations manager.
Key Accountabilities: Engineering Manager / Engineering Manager
* Establishing operating budgets, monitoring the cost effectiveness, and reliability of process engineering activities to optimise resources, prioritise spending and ensure that engineering standards are met.
* Evaluating the results of all projects and preparing recommendations for senior management.
* Providing expert engineering / technical advice for the most important, complex, or difficult engineering projects.
* Select, lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of professional engineers, technicians and administrative support staff to ensure that engineering operations are completed on-time, within budget, and to agreed targets.
* Studying the characteristics of all possible equipment available and suggesting the most appropriate equipment for carrying out the operations.
* Developing the Health & Safety strategy and promoting Health & Safety amongst the team.
* Managing contractors and controlling the allocation of project work to engineering suppliers.
* Leading Total Quality Management (TQM) and continuous improvement within the engineering function.
The Candidate: Engineering Manager / Engineering Manager
* Must have a degree in an engineering or materials related subject.
* Extensive engineering management experience gained within a heavy industrial environment is essential.
* Should have good knowledge of H&S, ideally with a NEBOSH / IOSH qualification.
* Ideally candidates will have a good knowledge of lean manufacturing and TQM.
* High voltage knowledge and or qualifications would be an advantage.
Sigma Recruitment - South Wales Recruitment Specialists.
Sigma Recruitment Ltd are ‘South Wales Recruitment Specialists' based in Cardiff. We offer a full range of permanent recruitment solutions to many of South Wales' leading manufacturing and technical organisations.