EXPANDING ORGANISATION. RAPIDLY GROWING TURNOVER. EXCELLENT ENGINEERING CHALLENGES. Our client is offering an exciting opportunity for a well-rounded electronics design professional to join their team.
The Electronics Design Engineer will report into a Senior Engineer onsite and will work closely with a multi-disciplined engineering team and the role represents the opportunity to be involved in and solve real engineering issues with the target being the successful introduction of the products to the marketplace.
Salary: �27,000 – �35,000 (highly dependent on experience) + Pension, etc.
The Role: The Electronics Engineer will liaise internally with software and mechanical engineers to ensure that the products are designed in a cohesive manner to the highest possible level of quality. The workload will be a mix of new product development / introduction and also support for existing product ranges.
Responsibilities will include:
* Design and development of power, digital and analogue circuits
* Design, build and test prototypes and write detailed technical reports
* The Electronics Design Engineer will ensure that electronic products are designed and tested in accordance with company procedures
* Management and implementation of cost reduction programmes
* Reliability and regulatory testing of products (EMC, electrical safety), including submissions to external regulatory bodies
* Investigation of field and production issues and implementation of corrective actions.
The Candidate: Electronics Design Engineer
* Experience within a manufacturing / development / Research & Development environment is essential
* A recognised Electronic Engineering qualification is essential – minimum of HNC/HND level (with relevant experience gained) but ideally degree level
* Experience if working as part of a multi-disciplined engineering team is needed (software, mechanical disciplines, etc.)
* The Electronics Engineer must have a broad knowledge and experience of various electronic engineering factors
* Must have experience of EMC and safety testing to consumer standards
* Familiarity with PCB Layout packages is needed (ideally Proteus)
* Must be proficient in the use of electronic test equipment
* Experience of high volume consumer product design is highly desirable
* Must be analytical and possess excellent problem solving ability
* Excellent communication skills are required in both written and verbal formats
We will contact you within 2 working days if your CV is relevant for the position.
Sigma Recruitment - South Wales Recruitment Specialists.
Sigma Recruitment Ltd are ‘South Wales Recruitment Specialists' based in Cardiff. We offer a full range of permanent recruitment solutions to many of South Wales' leading manufacturing and technical organisations.