EXPANDING COMPANY. GLOBAL MARKETPLACE. Exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Technician / Quality Analyst to join a growing organisation whose headcount has almost quadrupled in a 4 year period.
The role will see the successful candidate being responsible for all analysis of both raw materials and finished goods while also providing analytical support to other members of the organisation.
Salary: £17,000 - £20,000 (dependent on experience – possibly slightly more for the right individual) + pension, life cover, etc.
The Role: The successful Laboratory Technician / Quality Analyst will report in to a Production Manager onsite and will take ownership of ensuring that all analysis of processed materials and products is carried out in a timely manner while supporting other areas of the business as required.
Responsibilities will include:
* Undertaking work assigned by your team leader
* Documenting activities as necessary to enable 3rd party assessment of work undertaken
* The Laboratory Technician / Quality Analyst will develop improved analysis techniques for the company products
* Proposing new methods of materials analysis as and when appropriate
* Working closely with the manufacturing team to provide rapid product analysis
* Identifying opportunities for analytical improvements
* Maintaining analytical equipment, using external resources as necessary
The Candidate: Laboratory Technician / Quality Analyst
* A degree level qualification in the field of Chemistry (Forensic Science, Analytical Chemistry, etc.) or Material Science is essential
* Experience of working within a quality / testing laboratory is required
* A Knowledge of good laboratory practices is needed
* The Laboratory Technician / Quality Analyst must have experience of carrying out titrations and basic wet chemistry techniques
* Experience with Rheometry is desirable
* Must have the ability to produce technical reports
* Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is needed
* Must have excellent communication skills
We will contact you within 2 working days if your CV is relevant for the position.
Sigma Recruitment - South Wales Recruitment Specialists.
Sigma Recruitment Ltd are ‘South Wales Recruitment Specialists' based in Cardiff. We offer a full range of permanent recruitment solutions to many of South Wales' leading manufacturing and technical organisations.