Would you like to work independently as a Strategic Buyer? Opportunity to drive down supplier costs and select new global suppliers!
Business are a specialist manufacturer, supplying products to a wide range of markets.
This is a strategic procurement position in which you will have the chance to make a significant impact on overall business profitability.
The Package: c £45,000 depending on experience + benefits
The strategic buyer will play a key role in the procurement of raw materials for manufacturing. Tasked with reducing costs year on year, with a focus on expanding the supplier base in low cost countries.
Strategic Buyer responsibilities include: -
* Leading supplier negotiations
* Driving costs down, through effective supplier management.
* Undertaking supply chain rationalisation projects.
* Lead the search for new suppliers.
* Manage tendering process for new suppliers.
* Support engineering / manufacturing with procurement for NPI.
The Person: Strategic Buyer / Strategic Buyer
* Ideally MCIPS qualified.
* Must have extensive experience of purchasing raw materials for manufacturing.
* A good knowledge of managing supplier relations in LCC (low costs countries) is essential.
* Experience in working in cross-functional teams with multiple locations across Europe and Asia.
* Skilled in cost engineering methods (VA/VE)
* Must have a proven cost reduction track record gained within the manufacturing sector.
* Ability to work independently is essential.
Sigma Recruitment - South Wales Recruitment Specialists.
Sigma Recruitment Ltd are ‘South Wales Recruitment Specialists' based in Cardiff. We offer a full range of permanent recruitment solutions to many of South Wales' leading manufacturing and technical organisations.