My client a leading specialist within its field is looking to recruit an experienced Control/Maintenance Technician to join their successful team based at their site in Cwmbran.
* Equipment Failures - Carry out effective, efficient fault finding and root cause problem resolution where possible on a wide range of complex systems in a continuous process environment. In many cases this is required to be done without reference to others due to nature of shift working.
* Ensure regular communication with the manufacturing shift leaders to understand key issues and communicate technical issues and/or maintenance tasks that could impact on production.
* Apply measured responses to problems, requests and disruptions so that relationships are maintained under the inevitable day-to-day pressures inherent in a production environment.
* Ensure all work completed on shift is documented in SAP and notifications are created if further work required by day trades due to nature of work content.
* PM Work orders are closed off in a timely manner with the correct level of feedback to the stake holder.
* Develop a trusting and respectful relationship with the Day trades group to ensure a shared urgency is placed on breakdown follow up items to allow effective completion of tasks.
* Carrying out HV switching when required on shift. SCE is the responsible person on shift for HV switching.
* Safety & Compliance - Apply, and ensure compliance, with the Company’s Health & Safety and Environmental Policy and Procedures so that a safe and secure environment is maintained.
* Budget Control - To support the Engineering group by following all financial control procedures so that the Engineering Team has an accurate and up to date picture of current spend vs. budget.
* Continuous Improvement – Actively engaging in plant CI activities.
* Physical Infrastructure - Support the Engineering Manager in keeping the Site, buildings and fabric, physical infrastructure and Manufacturing and Assembly assets and equipment, in a well maintained and safe condition by reporting issues and carrying out remedial repairs where possible.
* Resource Utilisation – Ensure effective utilisation of time by focusing on current notifications, works orders and PM routines along with the use of key predictive engineering tools (thermal imaging etc.).
The successful candidate:
* Time served multi skilled engineer ideally with HNC qualification in a Technical discipline or suitable knowledge through experience. A strong technical knowledge of PLC’s, Drives, Networks & Mechanics
* Strong communication skills.
* Experienced in the application of Health & Safety procedures with an understanding of the principles of Employment and Safety at Work Legislation & PUWER Regulations.
* Demonstrable achievements in Continuous Improvement, Change Management disciplines, tools and techniques and evident motivation to impart these to others.
* Foster confidence and commitment across a range of work groups. Use of persuasive skills rather than traditional positional authority to resolve cross functional problems.
* IOSH Safety Qualification (is an asset)
* Trained in HV switching (is an asset)
* Flexible in terms of break times to suit the needs of the business.
* Flexible to carry out any task as requested within their capability (training, competence)
* Data driven & Result focused.
* Proactive mind-set and good planning skills.
We are a recruitment specialist with a fresh approach to recruitment.
People are at the heart of our business. Our personnel are highly experienced and understand how best to help individuals looking to progress. We take the time to understand companies, their business objectives and how the right people in the right role can unlock growth and success.