Permanent, full time.
Our client specialises in the provision of claims management and loss adjusting services and an excellent opportunity has now arisen in one of their desktop handling teams within the Cardiff office. They are seeking an individual with experience of primarily handling commercial property claims but those with Domestic property or general insurance experience will be considered.
The role will involve working within an experienced team of technical claims technicians, dealing with your own claims from FNOL to settlement. A majority of the claims will be of varying value and complexity so you will have the skills and knowledge to settle (within your authority) or to pass the more complex cases on to other departments when necessary.
You will already be able to demonstrate excellent communication and listening skills, combined with the ability to impart information and maintain accurate data. You will also have proven skills in developing and maintaining close working relationships, both internally and externally.
Although part of a team, the role will require you to work independently, so the ability to use your own initiative to drive claims from new instruction to conclusion is imperative.
Most importantly, you will be able to put yourself in our customers’ shoes, see the full picture and have the ability to make decisions based on the facts, treating all claims on their individual merits. You will deal with a caseload of primarily commercial property desktop claims, and as such you need the ability, confidence and background knowledge to make the right decisions on each claim. This is a great opportunity for those looking for career advancement covering a diverse and interesting range of claims.
• Negotiation skills.
• Report and letter writing experience.
• Excellent communication skills with both Customers and Clients.
• The ability to prioritise workload effectively.
• Experience of dealing with commercial (or domestic) property damage claims.
• The ability to work on your own initiative and take ownership of your own caseload of claims.
• Develop and maintain a close working relationship with our customers, to promote customer satisfaction during all stages of the claim.
• Understanding and empathy throughout.
• Excellent keyboard skills.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Progress toward or intention to become Cert / Dip CII qualified.
St David Recruitment Services Ltd is an independent recruitment agency set up to offer a personalised yet professional service to all our customers. We appreciate that everybody is different and treat our candidates as individuals.