Essentra, Imperial Park, Celtic Way, Newport, Wales, NP10 8BE
A leading global provider of packaging and authentication solutions to a diversified blue-chip customer base in the health and personal care, consumer and specialist packaging sectors.
The business focuses on delivering value-adding innovation, quality and service through the provision of a wide range of cartons, tapes, leaflets, foils, labels and brand protection security solutions.
Customers in over 100 countries are served from facilities in ten countries, with development and design centres supporting the division worldwide.
The Speciality Tapes business has expertise in coating multiple adhesive systems in numerous technologies. With close to 3,000 adhesive products available for same-day shipping, Essentra’s products can meet all high performance needs, from foam, magnetic, finger lift and acrylic high bond tapes to hook and loop and non-skid foam.
We are seeking a number of Carton Folder/Gluer Operators who can operate Bobst folding/gluing machines to join our print finishing team in Newport, South Wales (near Cardiff).
This is a great time to join us as we continue to grow and expand at our brand new carton production facility team in Newport, South Wales (near Cardiff). Operators will run the folding/gluing machines that enable the high quality production of a range of cartons for a variety of sectors.
In return we offer a very competitive salary and benefits package, and we may also be able to provide financial assistance with relocation (if applicable).
Duties you will be accountable for and will include but are not restricted to:
- High value carton finishing to the highest of standards using Bobst folding/gluing machinery
- Perform make-readies and oversee all machine set ups, running speeds and carton quality
- Quality control at every stage of the process
- Setting machinery to the correct specification
- Ensure that machines are operating to an optimum level against company set targets
- Ensure that the team performs to agreed and measurable targets.
At Essentra we are ideally looking for individuals who enjoy working as part of a close team, and are keen to deliver excellent customer service and take responsibility for what they do. We are always looking to better ourselves and are keen to recruit individuals who like to innovate and improve processes.
You should have the following skills, experience and/or qualifications:
- A proven background setting, running and maintaining folding/gluing equipment (ideally Bobst)
- Strong experience with various multi pack folding/gluing styles including straight line, four and six corner and crash lock
- Able to work in a high performing print finishing team
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience of running Bobst folding/gluing machines, although experience of other machines will be considered
- knowledge of safety, quality and continuous improvement techniques
- Able to work shift patterns
- Excellent attention to detail
Essentra is a leading international supplier of specialist plastic, fibre, foam and packaging products with four Strategic Business Units: Distribution, Specialist Technologies, Health & Personal Care Packaging and Filter Products.
Every day we produce and distribute millions of small but essential components. Our products may not be noticeable – or even recognisable – but wherever you are, our business is all around you.
Our international network extends to 33 countries and includes 69 principal manufacturing facilities, 64 sales and distribution operations and 5 research & development centres.