Essentra, Imperial Park, Celtic Way, Newport, Wales, NP10 8BE
A leading global provider of packaging and authentication solutions to a diversified blue-chip customer base in the health and personal care, consumer and specialist packaging sectors.
The business focuses on delivering value-adding innovation, quality and service through the provision of a wide range of cartons, tapes, leaflets, foils, labels and brand protection security solutions.
Customers in over 100 countries are served from facilities in ten countries, with development and design centres supporting the division worldwide.
Working within a close team the Reprographics Operator will be responsible for reproducing customer artwork so that it is suitable for printing on carton packaging. They will ensure artwork and pre-press is technically correct, of the highest quality and accuracy.
Duties you will be accountable for:
- Using the latest Macs to produce artwork for a wide variety of clients in the healthcare/retail and cosmetic industries
- Checking artwork on a technical level, including colour separation and retouching
- Outputting files for flexographic print production
- Colour separation and technical print processes
- Using Esko, Adobe CS and Artpro on a regular basis
- Responsible for ensuring production is to the highest quality standards and adheres to guidelines and customer requirements
- Review project brief components, confirm acceptance of briefs and escalate issues
You should have the following skills, experience and/or qualifications:
- Have knowledge and experience of artwork / reprographics /colour management and the printing processes
- Ability to communicate and build rapport effectively
- Organised, driven, self-motivated and passionate
- Working within a team environment
- Explicit attention to detail and a keen eye for colour
- Ideally possess cartons/packaging experience and knowledge of print processes
At Essentra we are ideally looking for individuals who enjoy working as part of a close team, and are keen to deliver excellent customer service and take responsibility for what they do. We are always looking to better ourselves and are keen to recruit individuals who like to innovate and improve processes.
*Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be requested at interview.
Essentra is a leading international supplier of specialist plastic, fibre, foam and packaging products with four Strategic Business Units: Distribution, Specialist Technologies, Health & Personal Care Packaging and Filter Products.
Every day we produce and distribute millions of small but essential components. Our products may not be noticeable – or even recognisable – but wherever you are, our business is all around you.
Our international network extends to 33 countries and includes 69 principal manufacturing facilities, 64 sales and distribution operations and 5 research & development centres.