Care Assistant – NVQ/QCF Qualified (£7.34-£7.89 p.hr)
Penylan House, Cardiff
Days - £7.34 with QCF / NVQ level 2
Nights - £7.89 with QCF / NVQ level 2
- Are you enthusiastic with a real passion for Care?
- Want to work in a Care Assistant role where you can make a real difference every day?
- Do you have a NVQ or QCF Level 2 in Health & Social Care?
We have fantastic opportunities for committed and passionate NVQ/QCF Qualified Care Assistants to join our team in our Penylan House Nursing Home, Cardiff.
This sounds great, tell me more...!
Penylan House is a part of Linc Care and operates in the not-for-profit sector. The fully redeveloped modern, purpose-built facility has 75 single, ensuite bedrooms with well furnished rooms, landscape gardens and car parking. The whole building exceeds CSSIW requirements with bigger bedrooms, wider corridors, spacious lounges and a high staff to resident ratio. Our recent residents and relatives’ satisfaction survey showed an incredible 100% are happy with the quality of their relative’s care and support.
Our Care Assistants and Nurses work together as part of a supportive care team, within an assigned ‘community’ to deliver consistently high quality care.
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring the highest standards of care are maintained by supporting / assisting Elders with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing and all other aspects of daily living.
- Assisting Elders who have limited mobility, or physical / learning difficulties, making the best use of mobility aids and personal equipment provided.
- Making and changing beds, tidying rooms and maintaining Elders clothing.
What skills do I need to have?
You must be friendly with excellent communication skills and be able to manage multiple tasks through to completion and handle difficult situations sensitively.
You’ll need to adapt promptly to the changing needs of our Elders and always demonstrate sound judgement, common sense and initiative.
Did you know...?
- Our Nursing Homes operate a fixed, rolling 2 week rota allowing staff to enjoy their work and their home life with every other weekend off.
- Shifts are from 7am – 7pm if you choose Days or 7pm – 7am if you choose Nights.
- We have full time posts in the Days working 38.5 hours per week, working 3 shifts one week and 4 shifts the next, with every other weekend off.
- We have part time posts at either 16.5 or 22 hours per week working either Days or Nights.
- Linc offer a variety of continuous learning options to allow you to progress your career in care.
Linc specialises in the provision of affordable housing, social care and health services in Wales. We are a socially responsible business and have successfully operated for over 30 years. Our business is made up of 3 distinct parts: Linc Homes, Linc Care and Linc Business Services.
Linc Homes provides social and affordable homes to rent and buy. We deliver a comprehensive management and maintenance service to our tenants.
Linc Care provides independent living services in Wales, including nursing care for elders. We have an exciting programme of expansion underway with career opportunities available for those who want to help us make a difference.
Linc Business Services provides IT, Finance, HR and Land & Property services across the business.