Working with a leading GLOBAL manufacturing company, who have been established since the 1950s. A truly innovative organisation who have been responsible for a large number “firsts” within their industry. Active in several continents, with more than 20 locations globally.
Salary: £40,000 - £42,000 + 15% Bonus
Pension (up to 8.5%) + 35 holidays + private healthcare
The Role: Process Improvement Engineer / Quality Engineer
Reporting to the quality engineering manager responsible for continuously improving products and process to positively impact quality, cost, safety and delivery. The Process Improvement Engineer / Quality Improvement Engineer role is a proactive position leading continuous improvement activities adopting a never-ending improvement philosophy of at least 2% quarter on quarter improvement. Responsible for taking immediate action when non-conformances are raised, identifying route cause and removing likelihood of reoccurrence. Key responsibilities:-
* Provide clear, unambiguous commitment to quality engineering improvements.
* Collaborate with Technical, Engineering and Operations personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability capability.
* Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities.
* Contribute in the development of Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
* Accountable for the coordination of pre-launch production trial run process monitoring.
* Support the development of PPAP documents for new product launches to meet customer requirements.
* Close out quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources.
* Determine process stability and capability studies to be performed on existing processes, reviewing and analysing the results to recommend changes.
* Support maintenance of PFMEA, Control Plans and SOPs throughout the life of the parts.
The Person: Process Improvement Engineer / Quality Engineer
* Ideally qualified to degree level preferably in metallurgical, manufacturing or mechanical subject.
* Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment
* Extensive experience as a quality engineer, process engineer or process improvement engineer within the manufacturing sector, ideally within in the aerospace or automotive industries.
* Strong understanding of lean principles and problem solving tools
* Able to demonstrate excellent presentation skills – written and verbal
* PC literate with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience of using other quality software applications.
This position would suit candidates who a quality engineer, senior quality engineer APQP engineer, advances quality engineer, process / quality engineer etc
Sigma Recruitment - South Wales Recruitment Specialists.
Sigma Recruitment Ltd are ‘South Wales Recruitment Specialists' based in Cardiff. We offer a full range of permanent recruitment solutions to many of South Wales' leading manufacturing and technical organisations.