Carers Engagement Officer
Salary is £11.80 per hour
Temporary, Full-Time- 35 hours per week.
To consult widely with carers and stakeholders and develop a sustainable Carers Forum project with Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan.
• To co-ordinate and support the development of a Cardiff and Vale Carers Forum for carers aged 18 or over, caring for someone aged 18 or over.
• Work with Carers Trust Wales to carry out research to analyse potential Carers Forum models for Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan which are based on good practice.
• Work with Carers Trust Wales to compile a comprehensive picture of groups who support carers in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, across all service areas (formal and informal).
• Work with Carers Trust Wales to create and demonstrate linkages and contact with County Voluntary Councils (GVS and C3SC), the Community Health Council and other relevant representative bodies.
• Engage with staff, carers, support groups and other stakeholders to identify the value and purpose of a carers’ forum and how to overcome the barriers to engagement.
• Consult with carers and those that work with them to identify a model for carer engagement, founded on a principle of sustainability.
• Support individual carers and the development of carer groups to contribute to the longer term aim that the Carers Forum becomes self-supporting by 31 March 2017.
• Support staff from the Mental Health Forensic Team, Community Health Council and others to establish specific groups and also work with them to involve local carers in the main Carers Forum. Work with both local authorities and Health Board to enable carers to be confident and engaged representatives on relevant Citizen Panels.
• Provide monthly monitoring reports to Carers Trust Wales and the Steering Group, with a final report subject to ongoing discussion with the Steering Group.
• Previous work with carers.
• Previous work with the health, care sectors and third sectors.
• Experience in planning and delivering time limited projects.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Effective presentation skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team and manage own time/ prioritise a range of competing demands.
• Effective networking skills.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Ability to collect and present performance information.
• Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent- a degree would be desirable.
St David Recruitment Services Ltd is an independent recruitment agency set up to offer a personalised yet professional service to all our customers. We appreciate that everybody is different and treat our candidates as individuals.