Front Of House Team Member / Waiter - Waitress - Cardiff
Cardiff City Centre, Cardiff
Contract type: Permanent
Salary TBC + benefits + free food on your shift!
Satisfying customers’ appetites is our speciality. But as one of our front-of-house team, you’ll need to satisfy their curiosity too. There’ll be lots of questions to answer and lots of orders to juggle. So you’ll have the chance to develop the type of communication skills that will be useful wherever you go in life. Stick with us and we’ll give you a clear path up the YO! Sushi ladder, complemented by a tasty salary and benefits package. What’s more, you’ll get to work in a hospitality environment that’s unlike anywhere you’ve worked (unless you’ve worked at YO! Sushi before).
Interested? Then here’s what we’d like you to do:
- Make our customers feel like it’s their birthday, even if it isn’t
- To get stuck in and help keep everything ridiculously spotless and organised
- To help your team mates - they’ll return the favour
- Explain the menu (incredibly, some people still don’t know what Takoyaki is!)
- Maybe make a recommendation if they’re stuck
- Be the type of happy, patient and informed person you’d want to be served by if you were ravenous
Whilst we can teach you a lot, we’d still like you to bring a few skills to the table, namely:
- Proven previous experience within a similar environment.
- A flair for sales
- The ability to get on well with people from all walks of life
- The skills to give the customer what they need (which is more than just a pair of chopsticks)
- A cool head when the going gets tough
Still with us? Great. Then get in touch with your CV via the ‘Apply Now’ button below and we’ll get things moving as quickly as one of our lunchtime shifts.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
YO! Sushi bought the traditional Japanese 'kaiten' (conveyor belt) sushi to London in 1997. Now we have over 90 restaurants around the globe, with plenty more coming along the belt.
We serve nearly 100 different dishes using the freshest ingredients to over 6 million guests a year.
A more thrilling, more colourful, more 'Tokyo' world is out there. In here: YO!
Come in. Experience Tokyo.
Live Fast. Eat Well.