Chef / Back of House Team Member - Cardiff
Cardiff City Centre, Cardiff Contract type: Permanent
Salary TBC + benefits + free food on your shift!
We’re sure you’ll have seen a YO! Sushi kitchen before. You know, the exciting place in the middle of the conveyor belt where lots of tasty dishes are lovingly and skilfully prepared. This is your chance to enter the circle of trust and show us what you’ve got. Fresh fish isn’t the only thing on the menu either. It’s an environment where there’s an incredible amount to learn, see and do. And in return for your dazzling contribution, we’ll give you a clear path up the YO! Sushi ladder, together with a tasty salary and benefits package.
Interested? Here’s what we’d like you to do:
- Serve up some of the finest quality recipes this side of Japan
- Do what the head chef tells you (at least until you get to be head chef)
- Make the customers happy by giving them what they want – and more
- Be clean, organised and meticulous to the point of obsession
- Be happy and pleasant to work with – not too much to ask
- Be funky (we’re not sure what this means but it sounds good)
Of course, not just anyone can wander in and start throwing knives around. So we’d like:
- Proven Kitchen experience - or something very similar
- The ability to communicate well (sharp knives good; sharp tongues not so good)
- A customer focus, remembering that the guy on the other side pays all our wages
- A nice cool head even when things are manically busy
- A good team spirit – it makes everyone’s life easier
Still with us? Great. Then get in touch with your CV via the ‘Apply Now’ button below and we’ll get things moving as quickly as one of our lunchtime shifts.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
YO! Sushi bought the traditional Japanese 'kaiten' (conveyor belt) sushi to London in 1997. Now we have over 90 restaurants around the globe, with plenty more coming along the belt.
We serve nearly 100 different dishes using the freshest ingredients to over 6 million guests a year.
A more thrilling, more colourful, more 'Tokyo' world is out there. In here: YO!
Come in. Experience Tokyo.
Live Fast. Eat Well.