Salary up to £19,000 per annum + monthly bonus up to £350
Permanent, Full –Time. 35 hours per week Monday to Saturday on a Rota Basis. The team are open Monday to Friday 9am - 8pm and Saturday 9am-1pm.
The Role and Responsibilities:
• Contact customers to negotiate the repayment of their arrears/outstanding balance, or the return of the Company’s assets in order to minimise potential losses.
• Proactively manage the recovery or re-imbursement of default charges to customer accounts
• Work as part of a team – supporting, motivating and assisting colleagues in the operation of the department and support the Team Leader/Manager with the development of junior staff.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and legislative information relating to debt collection (e.g. Money Laundering, Data Protection etc.) and ensure any necessary action is taken or activity is reported to appropriate person.
• Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all relevant policies and procedures relevant to the role, being compliant with these policies and procedures at all times.
• Undertake other reasonable tasks as and when requested by Management.
• Provide customers with a professional and efficient service in an enthusiastic and knowledgeable manner at all times in order to maintain and develop business relationships.
• Ensure all allocated default work queues are proactively actioned and that the most appropriate and effective action is undertaken in a professional manner.
• Ensure customer agreements are coded correctly and the appropriate provision taken.
• Where internal collection procedures have been exhausted, make recommendations for the next course of action. Instruct external field/trace agents or Debt Collection Agencies where necessary.
• Ensure that all collection procedures are followed in a compliant manner and all necessary electronic notes are documented on customer files. Refer more complex cases to Team Leader/Manager.
• Be cognitive of patterns in arrears situations (eg Dealers with regular default, hard to contact customers etc.), consider appropriate action to be taken, keeping Team Leader/Manager informed as necessary.
• Ensure that the cash, card and cheque payments to customers’ accounts are recorded and reconciled appropriately. Refer customer queries relating to missing payments to relevant department.
• Complete required actions as requested by management within the timescales agreed
• Experience of working within a busy telephone/face to face customer service based role.
• Able to demonstrate sound numerical skills and literacy.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Determined individual with a desire to succeed.
• Negotiation skills.
• Able to remain calm under pressure and deliver results.
• Uses own initiative, resourceful, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
• Attention to detail.
• Able to follow procedure and work within a regulated environment.
• Team player.
• Good IT skills in Microsoft Office.
St David Recruitment Services Ltd is an independent recruitment agency set up to offer a personalised yet professional service to all our customers. We appreciate that everybody is different and treat our candidates as individuals.