Job Elements: -
• The role will focus on developing a robust manufacturing process through early production involvement in the new product development (NPD) to ensure design for manufacture (DFM) is optimised and product quality is not compromised.
• The post holder will also facilitate improvement projects and process development in order to optimise efficiencies and reduce waste within the manufacturing process.
• To develop and improve new and existing methods and processes used in the manufacturing this will involve working with manual assembly, laser welding, micro-precision machined components, electrical, clean room, measurement, calibration and test processes.
• Work closely with the design team and suppliers to ensure that design for manufacture (DFM) is considered and incorporated into the product design.
• Design, source and implement the optimum production equipment, processes and associated facilities for the manufacture of the product range.
• Work with key suppliers to develop and improve processes and product quality.
• Ensure that all processes are fully documented in accordance with the requirements of the QMS.
• Oversee the manufacture of prototypes required for the product development programme.
The ideal candidate will have:
• HND / Degree in an Engineering discipline (probably mechanical, manufacturing)
• Good project management skills
• Good problem solving / root cause analysis skills and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Experience of quality management systems and working with highly regulated products.
• Knowledge and practice of six sigma methods and lean manufacturing
• Design of jigs and fixtures, manual assembly methods & procedures
• Valid UK Driving Licence
• Valid Passport
Petrie Recruitment is a relatively small - but perfectly formed!! - business - and it provides staff for a wide range of (mainly permanent) job categories in several sectors, but does tend to focus on manufacturing and commercial positions, e.g. Engineering, General Management, Production Management, Logistics, Purchasing, H.R., Finance, I.T., Sales/Marketing and all aspects of Administration.