AWARD WINNING ORGANISATION. CHANCE TO WORK WITH AN INTERESTING AND GROUND BREAKING PRODUCT RANGE. Process Engineer / Development Engineer required to work for a pioneering company who are reaching the final stages of design and development for their products.
The successful candidate will form part of a dynamic engineering function developing a robust manufacturing process having involvement in new product development (NPD) and design or manufacture (DFM) processes.
Salary: �32,000 - �35,000 (dependent on experience) + Pension, etc.
The Role: The successful Process Engineer / Development Engineer will report in to a Programme Manager onsite and will have responsibility for a Development Technician. The role will focus on both process development and improvement projects while ensuring quality is not compromised.
Responsibilities will include:
* Develop and improving new and existing methods and processes used in the manufacture of company products
* The Process Development Engineer will work closely with the design team and suppliers to ensure that design for manufacture (DFM) is considered and incorporated into the product design
* Designing, sourcing and implementing the optimum production equipment, processes and associated facilities for the manufacture of the product range
* The Production Engineer will work with key suppliers to develop and improve processes and product quality
* Ensuring that all processes are fully documented in accordance with the requirements of the QMS
* Overseeing the manufacture of prototypes required for the product development programme
The Candidate: Process Engineer / Development Engineer
* Experience within a manufacturing / research and development environment is essential
* Must hold a relevant engineering qualification to HND / Degree level (ideally Mechanical / Manufacturing focused).
* The Production Engineer must have experience in process and equipment validation
* Good experience with new product development (NPD) and design for manufacture (DFM) processes is needed
* Must be familiar with the development of jigs and fixtures
* The Process Engineer / Development Engineer must have good problem solving / root cause analysis skills
* Experience of working with highly regulated products is desirable
* A knowledge of Six Sigma methods and lean manufacturing processes is desirable
* Ability to use CAD systems is desirable
* Excellent IT Skills with all Microsoft Office applications is needed
* Must have excellent communication skills in both written and verbal formats
* Must hold a valid UK Driving License
* A valid passport is required for occasional business travel
We will contact you within 2 working days if your CV is relevant for the position.
Sigma Recruitment - South Wales Recruitment Specialists.
Sigma Recruitment Ltd are ‘South Wales Recruitment Specialists' based in Cardiff. We offer a full range of permanent recruitment solutions to many of South Wales' leading manufacturing and technical organisations.