Job Elements: -
• Temp role expected to last till March 2017
• To assist Payroll Supervisor with the monthly payroll process for approximately 625 employees in total and to assist the Financial Accounting team in other areas of Operational Accounting.
• Inputting of tax codes from P45/P46
• Action Student Loan repayments if carried forward on P45.
• Issuing of P46 forms in accordance with HMRC regulations.
• Maintaining sickness records within payroll system ensuring total Company Sick Pay paid does not exceed entitlement.
• Checking calculation of Statutory Sick Pay ensuring correct amount paid to the number of sick days taken for period of incapacity of work.
• Issuing of SSP1 forms for employees who have exceeded SSP entitlement.
• Calculate Statutory and Company Maternity Pay/Paternity Pay/Adoption Pay/Shared Parental Pay.
• Ensure SMP, SPP, SAP and ShPP calculated and paid in accordance with earnings, length of service and HMRC regulations.
• Assist Payroll Supervisor with processing and administration of Employee and Employer pension contributions.
• Reporting of pension contribution information to Pension Administrators on a monthly basis and assisting with any queries as required.
• Run Pensions Auto-Enrolment process
• Reporting of payroll data and statutory deductions to HMRC through the RTI process
The ideal candidate will have:
• Previous payroll experience required, including exposure to shift payments, overtime, bonuses.
• A good working knowledge of income tax, National Insurance, SMP, SSP, and current HMRC legislation.
• Experience of other Finance areas, e.g. book-keeping or reconciliations, would be advantageous.
• Experience of using PeopleSoft payroll software, RTI and Pensions Auto-Enrolment are desirable but not essential
Petrie Recruitment is a relatively small - but perfectly formed!! - business - and it provides staff for a wide range of (mainly permanent) job categories in several sectors, but does tend to focus on manufacturing and commercial positions, e.g. Engineering, General Management, Production Management, Logistics, Purchasing, H.R., Finance, I.T., Sales/Marketing and all aspects of Administration.