Travel Sales Advisor
Adeo Travel Ltd - Cardiff CF24
£15,000 a year
Purpose of the role
To sell tailor-made holidays in Britain to our overseas clients who are predominantly from the US, Canada and Australia. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with guests in understanding their travel needs and in planning their perfect holiday experience. They will have strong communication skills in selling the services on offer and will act as the point of first contact right through until after-travel care. Their aim will be to ensure a faultless travel experience for our clients.
Key duties of the job will include:
- direct communication with potential clients (by telephone and email) in order to put together and sell tailor-made holidays in Britain;
- developing a working knowledge of the travel destination, the products and services we offer to our customers as well as our internal systems and processes;
- communicating with suppliers such as hotels, tour companies and car rental agents by telephone, email and online to make, amend and/or check reservations and to record booking information in line with company policy;
- dealing with customers who have confirmed their trip by both telephone and email to gather additional information, check details and answer questions as necessary;
- developing a working knowledge of tour operations in Britain, our relationship and procedures in dealing with outside organisations such as the Travel Trust Association and understanding our obligations as a tour operator in relation to the customer;
- collating and producing travel information and documents for customers including brochures, direction sheets/ driving instructions, travel vouchers and other forms of information;
- preparing document packages for dispatch to our clients across the globe;
- accurately recording and loading any information as required in to the company systems, adding and recording additional information where required and sharing this information when requested;
- representing the company at travel trade events, meetings and conferences with suppliers and with clients and guests where appropriate;
- contributing ideas and suggestions on ways to improve and streamline internal procedures wherever possible; and,
- taking on other tasks as necessary for the operation of the organisation.
The ideal candidate
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual with an appetite for learning, a strong work ethic and a passion for travel and tourism in Britain. They will also understand the need to communicate and sell our travel products to guests.
We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate the following:
- customer service and good communication skills, including strong spoken and written English;
- time management and being organised, as well as the ability to work independently and follow instructions; and,
- accuracy in the way they work and a clear focus on attention to detail.
- Experience of working in or with the travel industry would be beneficial although not essential as full training will be provided.
Skills and qualifications
Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of the main Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)Experience in conversational selling of high-end or tailor-made products.Customer service and/ or strong communication skillsAttention to detail and accuracyTime management and organisational skillsStrong written English and numerical skillsAbility to work independently and follow instructionsMinimum qualifications: GCSE Grades A-C in both Maths and English, or equivalent.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £15,000.00 /year
Required education: Secondary education
- Direct sales and/or working in a customer service role: 1 year
- Knowledge and/or experience of the travel industry in Britain: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
- Willingness to travel across Britain using public transport, if required
Applying for this vacancy
All candidates are requested to submit a covering letter and a CV via the ‘Apply Now' button below demonstrating how you meet the key duties of the job and the skills experiences you can bring to the organisation.
Please note that due to the size of the organisation, we are unable to respond to all applications. If you are successful and short listed for interview you will be contacted by email.
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close a vacancy if a high number of applications are received.
Adeo Travel is a Britain-based travel company specializing in providing tailor-made vacations for overseas visitors coming to England, Scotland and Wales. Our focus is to use our local knowledge and travel expertise to offer our guests unique and authentic experiences of Britain.