Opportunity to lead engineering for a site which has confirmed growth of 300% in the next 3 years! Working within an automotive global group who have ambitious growth plans and a dynamic culture. Corporate Group have a track record of success which stretches back over 120 years, with c130 manufacturing sites and employing around 20,000.
Salary: Daily rate dependent on experience
The Role: Interim Manufacturing Engineering Manager Automotive
Interim Manufacturing Engineering Manager Automotive reporting to the plant manager, managing all aspects of new product introduction (NPI), leading a team of four process engineers.
New Product Introduction / Process Engineering
* Work in accordance with company procedures for new model introduction.
* Lead the site launch team to ensure each element of program launches are delivered on time.
* Develop manufacturing plans for new equipment and equipment modifications.
* Prepare RFQs for new products and processes on site
* Promote and operate Lean principles in all aspects of day to day activities whilst respecting the strict guidelines of TS16949, ISO14001 and APQP.
* Provide input to R&D/Engineering on manufacturing feasibility of product designs.
The Candidate: Interim Manufacturing Engineering Manager Automotive
* Candidates should have strong manufacturing engineering management skills, gained within automotive.
* Must have a good knowledge of NPI techniques and have a well-developed process engineering background.
* Modern people management skills are required, including the ability to coach and mentor a small team of engineers.
Sigma Recruitment - South Wales Recruitment Specialists.
Sigma Recruitment Ltd are ‘South Wales Recruitment Specialists' based in Cardiff. We offer a full range of permanent recruitment solutions to many of South Wales' leading manufacturing and technical organisations.