Based in Newport
Full and part time positions available, dependant on your lifestyle
£16,372 pa full time equivalent
We are reach and we support people in their own homes to live the life they want. We are part of the Pobl Group, and we provide housing and support which makes a real difference to people’s lives. We do this by putting people first and shaping our service to each and every person.
Our offering to employees makes us an employer of choice:
- Reach is part of the Pobl Group, with 2,500 employees, so we have resilience in our size
- As part of a group, we pride ourselves in treating employees as we do the people we care for
- There are clear pay scales, that are very competitive in the market, and we will never fail to pay you.
- Each employee has a mobile phone, giving them all the information they need to do their job right
- You receive extensive paid training, as well as the potential to develop within the group
- You will have the support of your team members, as well as dedicated Manager at all times
- We have a central support team dedicated to making your job easier, so you’re never alone
Our range of benefits speak for themselves:
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays
- Sick pay for up to 6 months
- A leading contributory pension
- Up to £80 discount on childcare
- An employee loan of up to £5,000 ,with an interest rate of just 1.5% (£2 a month interest on £5k)
- Pobl Choices – 100’s of retail discounts e.g. up to 15% off at Asda, Argos, Expedia & Mothercare
- Development training to help you widen your career prospects in the group
- Employee events, with guest speakers, activities and fun
- Employee counselling and support
- A range of employee flexible polices like “Flexible working”
- Synergy is our employee social committee that organises discounted staff events/trips
What’s the role?
You will work with a variety of people with varying support needs, preventing them from becoming more dependant and remain as independent as possible. The people you will be supporting will have varying level of needs and behaviours. At times the people we support can be challenging and we are looking for an individual who can positively respond to challenging situations.
The role will involve visiting people we support in their own homes and helping them maintain their independence, supporting them to access community services and opportunities to live fulfilled lives. You will provide people with a wide range of social support ranging from skills building, managing their behaviours, liaison with a range of agencies and helping them to integrate into their community to play an active role.
Who are we looking for? (for more detail see Role Profile):
Someone who is looking for a career in the social care sector and is positive about supporting people with varying needs. A background of working in a support environment would be useful, but not essential. More importantly we are looking for someone with an enthusiasm for supporting people, and someone who can deal with complex individuals. We appreciate good work ethics, as well as positive attitudes and behaviours.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent verbal communication, written and report writing skills
- Experience of team working, but confident in lone working
- Physically able to undertake practical PBM training
- Experience in supporting adults with behaviours that challenge/complex needs, and/or autistic spectrum disorders would be an advantage
- A full driving licence with access to a car for work (as shifts can start/finish out of public transport running times).
- Flexible as required to work shifts including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
What’s in it for you?
You will experience first-hand the difference you make to people’s lives. You will feel the reward of building lasting and trusting relationships with those you support, seeing them maintain or even increase their independence. Your structured training and development plan will ensure you’re confident and competent in the role, with the option to undertake qualifications in the social care sector. This truly is an exciting opportunity for you to develop both your career and personally.
For this role you will require an Enhanced DBS check, which we pay for.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for then click 'Apply', and will be in touch.
Closing date for applications: Ongoing
We are reach and we support people in their own homes to live the life they want. The support we offer people is designed for each person. It can range from supporting people 24 hours a day to just a few hours support.
We provide housing and support which makes a real difference to people’s lives. We do this by putting people first and shaping our service to each and every person.
A career with reach gives you the opportunity to make a real difference to the people we support. No matter what stage you’re at in your career, a role with reach will see you directly contributing to the care and support we provide, so you’ll never finish a day’s work wondering what you’ve achieved.
Our people are our most important asset, we simply can’t provide great quality care without the talent, commitment and expertise of our team. So we support our people to become the best they can be, so you’ll receive all the training you need and a range of professional development opportunities to ensure you grow as we grow.