8.30am till 5pm Mon – Fri
Our client designs and manufactures accessories for the world’s most popular smartphones, tablets and laptops. Their products are known for their high quality, with a focus on distinctive design and the use of natural and unusual materials.
They are looking for enthusiastic candidates who have at least 3 years manufacturing experience to join their small (but growing) team based in Bridgend.
Working within their production department, you’ll be helping to produce their award winning range of real wood smartphone cases and skins.
The manufacturing process involves cutting large sheets of wood veneer and various other materials using a laser cutting machine, as well as maintenance of machinery; preparation of finished products, materials and packaging; quality control and assisting in dispatch of finished goods
This is a great opportunity for someone who relishes responsibility, takes pride in their work, loves being REALLY busy and immersing themselves in a variety of tasks.
• Work under the guidance of the Team Leader to perform and complete the assigned duties in timely manner.
• Operating and maintaining laser cutting machines.
• Using hand tools such as knives and sanding blocks to finish raw materials such as wood veneer.
• Applying coatings using HVLP spray guns.
• Assembly of the finished product.
• Ensuring customer orders are completed to the required quality standard and are delivered in a timely fashion to our packing team.
• Follow safety procedures and company policies for equipment operation
• Keeping stock and inventory organised.
• Quality control checks of parts produced.
• Preparing laser cut files using Corel Draw and/or Adobe Illustrator.
You will need:
• At least three years experience in a manufacturing / engineering environment.
• Passionate about the Consumer Electronic industry. You might be a gadget geek.
• Be easy going and easy to get along with.
• Be familiar with working to Standard Operating Procedures.
• A proactive, self-starter with excellent attention to detail and the ability to produce consistently high standard of work to detail a must. Previous experience in a quality assurance role would be advantageous.
• Relish responsibility and love to be hands on.
• Be able to take instruction but also use your own initiative and communicate as part of a team.
• Strong time management, multi-tasking, and organisational skills.
• Demonstrate a good understanding of safe practices and excellent housekeeping in order to ensure a safe working environment.
• Knowledge of Corel Draw and/or Adobe Illustrator. (desirable)
• Experience in working with laser cutting / CNC machinery. (desirable)
• Experience in working closely with wood or similar materials – in particular finishing/sanding/lacquering. (desirable)
• Experience in a quality assurance role. (desirable)
St David Recruitment Services Ltd is an independent recruitment agency set up to offer a personalised yet professional service to all our customers. We appreciate that everybody is different and treat our candidates as individuals.