Primary School Teaching Assistant (Intervention)
Cardiff, Caerphilly, Newport, RCT, Merthyr, Vale, Bridgend
Ignite+Inspire are currently looking for a Teaching Assistant / Intervention Teacher (or as we like to call you a... ‘Intervention Practitioner’) to join our team! We are looking for organised and positive individual who is passionate about making a difference. The role would be working for 5 days Per Week during Term Time with the opportunity to work on our award winning Holiday Courses during the school holidays (Optional). The role requires you to work with small groups of Key Stage 2 children who have fallen behind in Maths and/or English. Using our schemes of work (With Training Provided) your sessions will help provide accelerated ‘Catch Up’. The start date for this role is Mon 12th Dec and the contract is for the remainder of the Academic Year.
So Who Are Ignite+Inspire?
Ignite+Inspire are a Child Development Organisation specialising in igniting pupils enthusiasm in numeracy and literacy. This inspiration leads to accelerated learning. We deliver this support through passionate, highly-trained intervention practitioners to primary schools across South Wales and South West England. Ignite+Inspire, formed in 2014 is the sister company to ‘SuperStars’. (www.igniteandinspire.org.uk)
What does a Teaching Assistant with Ignite Do?
- Support pupils falling behind in their Maths and Reading.
- Work with small groups (3-5 children in each group).
- Deliver a scheme of work tailored to each pupils needs.
- Compile reports on each child’s progress.
- Be a role model.
- Positively manage behavior.
- Deliver outstanding customer service.
Requirements of a Teaching Assistant with Ignite?
- Have an A-C GCSE in Maths and English.
- A degree (Desirable).
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with Primary aged pupils, ideally in a school setting.
- Can demonstrate a passion for working with children.
- Have well developed oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to inspire the learners in Literacy and Numeracy.
- Access to a car and be able to drive.
What do you get in return?
- Full Time Salary £14,000-£15,000 (Pro Rata for Term Time) + Travel Expenses
- Full and comprehensive training provided.
- Grow and develop within an expanding organisation with promotion opportunities.
- Paid experience, relevant to a PGCE application (Our staff application success rate is over 85%).
- Term Time Hours with the opportunity to work on our award winning Holiday Courses.
- A dedicated Staff Support Manager
If you would like some more information give one of our friendly team a call on 02920 090 503. Take the first step to the rest of your career with Ignite+Inspire!
SuperStars believes in developing bright futures for all children, by providing new, highly rewarding activities. Our dedicated subject specialists are committed to raising standards in schools and our ultimate goal is a simple one;
To give every child the outstanding experiences and opportunities they deserve.
The SuperStars team is a passionate group of energetic and ambitious role-models who are 100% committed to collectively achieving our vision. We live and breathe our 12 points of culture to ensure that we consistently develop bright futures.