Bid Manager / Business Development
Riverside represents 30yrs of innovation, proven success and professional delivery in giving you total control over your environment. We offer consulting, planning, design, manufacture, installation and maintenance in all aspects of commercial and industrial:
We are seeking an experienced, highly competent, dynamic and proven bid writer within our offices in Bridgend.
The successful candidate will ultimately take responsibility for understanding and writing construction specific responses for pre-qualification, framework and tender submissions.
The role by its very nature is subject to tight immovable deadlines requiring a high degree of coordination, planning, multi-tasking and time management. The ability to produce accurate, specific, highly professional responses either stand alone or as part of a bid team is vital.
- Drafting and writing PQQ and/or bid submission responses using persuasive and positive language;
- Reading and understanding pre-qualification, framework or tender submission documents;
- Research and write highly specific responses which generally are technical / construction and / or client focused in nature;
- Interviewing team members to help formulate responses;
- Being able to work as part of a bid team or individually;
- Being able to communicate effectively with other staff involved with the bid;
- Able to work to tight deadlines whilst producing an excellent standard of work;
- Willing to interact with the team and offer suggestions, innovation and ways to continuously improve;
- Fully understand the importance of being “client centric” and being able to demonstrate this through the written responses;
- Carry out research (web based or otherwise) on clients, projects and/or projects to aid and tailor the written responses;
- Attend site visits if necessary to aid responses;
- Proof reading;
- Compilation of Project Case Studies.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Bid writing qualifications/training;
- English language/English literature;
- Experience of journalism/marketing;
- Strong evidenced backed experience of writing high quality construction pre-qualification, tender and framework submissions;
- Good experience of working within a construction company in a similar role;
- Strong evidenced backed experience of writing high quality construction pre qualifications, tender and framework submissions;
- Relevant experience of working within a construction company;
- Able to work to deadlines;
- Able to work as part of a team or individually;
- Client focused culture;
- Excellent IT skills (essential) and use of bid writing and graphic software such as InDesign, (desirable);
- Full Driving Licence (desirable).
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL unless otherwise stated.
- Exceptionally well organised;
- Innovative / creative;
- Good communicator;
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL.
We are looking for an experienced Bid Writer to work from our office in Bridgend. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, flexible benefits, 20days annual leave entitlement and work place pension
Apply by email with your C.V and supporting information including current salary today.
Riverside represents 30yrs of innovation, proven success and professional delivery in giving you total control over your environment. We offer consulting, planning, design, and manufacture, installation and maintenance in all aspects of commercial and industrial: