• To maintain data on the HR and payroll database and to ensure data is timely and accurate and in line with data protection legislation.
• To maintain professional electronic and paper records to satisfy procedures and statutory requirements.
• To support recruitment activities for the business to ensure the required headcount is achieved and high quality staff are employed within agreed budgets to meet the needs of the business.
• To assist in providing a comprehensive HR advisory service to all managers and staff to ensure that the Company follows best practice in the management of its staff and to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
• To maintain sickness absence records and monthly records to produce management information aimed at reducing sickness levels within the Company.
• To assist managers in counselling employees to improve their overall attendance levels
• To take the lead on maternity/shared parental leave/paternity/adoption and flexible working matters, ensuring records are maintained and annual reviews carried out.
• To undertake disciplinary hearings for all attendance and timekeeping issues in line with the Company’s policy and the ACAS code.
• To undertake grievance hearings.
• To administer the probation process and records and deal with performance issues as they arise
• To administer the Company’s benefits schemes
• To undertake exit interviews to understand the reasons for leaving and communicate to the relevant parties for appropriate action to be taken.
• To be responsible for the administration of the payroll on a monthly basis
What the company is looking for in the successful candidate:
• Ideally Degree level education in HR related subject and CIPD qualification or willing to study
• GCSE Maths and English
• Payroll admin experience
• HR admin experience
• Experience of dealing with disciplinaries and grievances
• Recruitment experience
• Benefits admin experience
• Passionate about providing a professional HR service
• High level of integrity
• General administration and Microsoft Word experience
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Petrie Recruitment is a relatively small - but perfectly formed!! - business - and it provides staff for a wide range of (mainly permanent) job categories in several sectors, but does tend to focus on manufacturing and commercial positions, e.g. Engineering, General Management, Production Management, Logistics, Purchasing, H.R., Finance, I.T., Sales/Marketing and all aspects of Administration.