Fixed Term Contract-6 months (potential to become permanent for the right candidate)
£20k pro rata
Vale of Glamorgan
Own transport essential
Summary of Position
Hardworking, flexible, self-motivated person required to assist with the maintenance of all accounting ledgers of our client and its Subsidiaries using SAGE 50 accounting package, assisting in the production of the monthly accounts and assisting with the annual accounts whilst also maintaining the level of debtors to ensure greater liquidity.
List of key tasks:
• To maintain the accounting ledgers using SAGE 50 package allowing a full set of accurate and timely financial statements to be produced.
• To assist with the production of monthly management accounts.
• To assist with the production of annual accounts.
• To maintain the bank records, produce the monthly reconciliation and monitor cash flow.
• Update and reconcile weekly and monthly control accounts for all ledgers
• To complete the VAT returns.
• To record debtor payments onto SAGE ledger, produce monthly statements and maintain a procedure of credit control.
• To ensure copies of sales invoices prepared by other sections are received, entered onto SAGE, filed and emailed to customers.
• To record purchase ledger invoices onto Sage through the paperless purchase order system
• Provide support to quality management audits.
• To provide clerical and administrative cover to the finance department.
• Produce quarterly and annual returns for National Statistics Office.
• To undertake any additional appropriate tasks the Head of Finance may request from time to time.
• To regularly review the relevance of this job description and discuss and agree any appropriate amendments with the Head of Finance.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Good communication skills both oral and written.
• Be customer focused
• Experience of managing your own workload and prioritising duties.
• Proficiency in Sage50, Microsoft Office, in particular Outlook, Excel and Word, essential
• Experience in working in an office environment, essential
• Knowledge of the waste management industry, desirable
St David Recruitment Services Ltd is an independent recruitment agency set up to offer a personalised yet professional service to all our customers. We appreciate that everybody is different and treat our candidates as individuals.