Job Elements: -
• Working a 3 shift pattern (Mon to Fri) with occasional weekend overtime
• To participate as a member of the multi-skilled engineering team working with other departments to improve performance and to achieve objectives.
• To ensure the safe working of all plant and equipment in line with health and safety rules, regulations and requirements.
• Ensure thorough understanding of manufacturing processes and equipment.
• Respond quickly and effectively to equipment breakdowns, working with production department to identify problems and take countermeasures to ensure continuous production.
• To continually monitor and discuss with plant engineers a ''best practice'' approach by skills enhancement and development of skills profiles by equipment requirements and active team role participation.
• Work with other departments to improve performance and achieve company objectives.
What the company are seeking in the successful candidate:
• Time served technician ideally with technical higher education (level 4 and 5, HNC, HND)
• Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a maintenance environment.
• Preferably have experience of working in a fast moving manufacturing environment.
• Be multi-skilled, either: Electrical bias with mechanical skills and knowledge, or Mechanical bias with electrical skills and knowledge.
• Knowledge of automated, semi-automated assembly equipment.
• Pneumatic experience or qualification.
• Hydraulic experience or qualification.
• PLC experience or qualification.
Petrie Recruitment is a relatively small - but perfectly formed!! - business - and it provides staff for a wide range of (mainly permanent) job categories in several sectors, but does tend to focus on manufacturing and commercial positions, e.g. Engineering, General Management, Production Management, Logistics, Purchasing, H.R., Finance, I.T., Sales/Marketing and all aspects of Administration.