Home Carer - (Camarthenshire Area) XHD - 00840
Job Reference : XHD-00840
Closing Date : 31/12/2016
Salary : £7.85 per hour
Department : Domiciliary Care Older People And PD
Hours Per week : Zero and Contracted hours
Up to £7.85ph (45p per mile)
We also pay for 'time between calls'
Working across Amman Gwendraeth and Llanelli
Gwalia Care & Support is looking to lead the sector by changing the way we deliver care and support to the elderly. To achieve this we need your help. We understand that it's the people we employ that will help us achieve this.
So whether you're an experienced carer, or just want to help people, we want to speak to you so we can explain how we are different, and how you fit into our plans.
Our offering to employees makes us an employer of choice:
* We pay travel 'Time between calls'
* Gwalia Care & Support is part of the Pobl Group, with 2,500 employees, so we have resilience in our size
* As part of a group, we pride ourselves in treating employees as we do the people we care for
* There are clear pay scales, that are very competitive in the market
* We have invested heavily in the latest technology, so your rotas are well planned
* We run our service (6.45am -10.30pm) Monday to Sunday, so have a wide range of hours to choose from
* The rotas are built to suit your needs as well as that of the business
* Each employee has a mobile phone
* We offer a choice of zero hour, part or full-time contracts, hours can be flexible depending on what you want
* We pay for your DBS check
* You receive extensive paid training, with opportunities to develop within the group
* You will have the support of your team members, as well as dedicated Manager
* We have a central support team dedicated to making your job easier, so you're never aloneOur range of benefits speak for themselves:
* 25 days holiday per year (rising to 30 days per year with length of service), plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata )
* Sick pay
* A leading contributory pension
* Up to £80 discount on childcare via vouchers
* Pobl Choices - 100's of retail discounts e.g. up to 15% off at Asda, Argos, Expedia & Mothercare
* Development training to help you widen your career prospects in the group
* Employee counselling and support
* A range of employee flexible polices
About the job:
You will play a vital role in allowing people to stay living in their homes independently. You will visit the homes of those we support, helping them with daily living activities which include washing, dressing, personal care, shopping, cooking and light cleaning duties.
The people we are looking for have:
* A passion to work with people in their own homes
* An enthusiasm for caring, good work ethics and a positive attitude
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent written and report writing skills
* Experience of working in a team, but is confident in lone working
* A driver with own transport
For a confidential conversation about the vacancy, please contact the Home Care service on 01554 784760 and ask for Janet Mcpherson or Ann Anderson.
* If this sounds like the challenge that you are looking for then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
* If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please contact Janet McPherson (Registered Manager for Domiciliary Care Older People and PD) for an informal discussion 01554 784760.
Gwalia Care & Supports focus is on promoting inclusion, aspiration and wellbeing through positive change. We always aim to ensure we provide good quality and value in our service offers by being responsive, creative and flexible in the way we provide our services.
Our range of support services actively ensure that the people who use our services gain a sence of independence and confidence within the communitiy.
Combined, our care and support services are one of the largest, directly managed in Wales. In 2015 we provided care and support services for over 4,700 people.